Wet Gear

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Went out yesterday and got absolutely p***ed we through. Usud Mizzono we gloves for the first time and they were excellent.

However my wet gear is Sunderland which is 3 years old and what not cheap. Considering changing to Galvin Grren and on the basis of 'you get what you pay for' would appreciate thoughts on how good their wet gear is.

Additionally what are the alternatives please?

P

pingpal

3rd season for my Galvin G raintop - comfy, light, can move ok in it and waterproof, still working perfectly - you do get what you pay for (except with J Lindeberg) but GG worth every penny (and I'm a skinflint!).
On another note I have Oakmont waterproof trousers and I have to say they are excellent too.
Do not buy Footjoy, Ram, Sunderland - have all been tested here in rainy Scotland and they dont measure up!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've got footjoy red label, and so far have been ok. I also have a set of Ping, and they have been fine too. Standard footjoy leaked like a sieve and was nasty to wear.

Don't like the cut of Galvin Green.

Proquip would be my choice.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have Galvin Green waterproof trousers and they are excellent. Can't fault them. The back pocket even keeps your scorecard dry in a storm. No experiece of the tops though.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
hi madandra. i use galvin green clothing and find it brilliant.I have the paclite trousers and have never had a drop of rain or wind come through them.i also have a paclite astro jacket and an austin jacket.I can promise you you wont be disapointed in any of them.It might be expensive gear but it will last for ages and it gets the job done.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
lol madandra.it will be worth the swing mate id trade a black eye for a galvin green jacket and trousers.Ive just been fitted at pings and ordered the lot so im gonna get more than swung at,a funeral may be in order lol.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got a set of Proquip Ultralite waterproofs. The jackets great (zipped sleeves which can be removed) and it is nice light and quiet which is something I always look for. The trousers are good with zipped legs, a zipped fly (great for those caught short moments) and a belt which can be adjusted to make sure they are not too tight or worse still too loose and flapping round your legs.

I was only looking for a pair of trousers but found a deal from a website (Pro Elite golf if memeory serves) who were offering the trousers for £85 and throwing the jacket (worth another £100) in free for a limited time. Seemed rude not to!!

Happy golfing

Homer

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
About 5 years ago I bought a Ping suit for £99 from ......... forgive me Lord for I have sinned ... JJB and after 3 months I took it back because although the suit never let water in it was making me sweat profusely.

After explaining this to Store Equipment Consultant (YTS) he said that because the suit did not let water in it was not faulty and I couldn't get a refund or replacement. I asked him what purpose was the suit bought and he said 'to keep you dry' after another 10 minutes of this plooky wee sh1t talking utter pi5h I had to get the manager who gave me my cash back there and then.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think that is the Ping suit I have, and I have been fine in it. Mind you, I am 11 stone ringing wet, and am cold if the temperature drops below 22°, so sweating is not normally a problem for me. I am also fairly fit, so I seldom break into a sweat at the pace I am allowed to play at.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
MTM ya cheeky *@*@*@* ... Are ya sayin' am fat?????????

Seriouslt though I just boiled in it and had to get shot of it. I now have Pringle troosers and Proquip Slip over top.

Lets see what Santa brings.