West Hill or Camberley Heath

Which would you choose West Hill or Camberley Heath?

• West Hill

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Camberley Heath

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm looking to book a round as a birthday treat next month. Currently narrowed the choice down to West Hill or Camberley Heath. Both are top 100 courses, and have reasonable winter green fees for visitors. Having not played either, but knowing many on here have played them, I'm looking for opinions as to which is better, specifically for winter golf with regards to drainage and course condition etc.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Personally I'd go West Hill every time. Very traditional clubhouse (but always found the welcome very warm) and in my opinion a better course layout. Not played either in the winter so can't comment on conditioning but found West Hill always in good nick

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'd go West Hill
Couple of holes on Camberley that are not to my liking but you wouldn't be unhappy with either course.
Clubhouses are traditional vs modern - both work.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

I concur with my learned friends above, West Hill would be my first choice.
Which ever you end up at you will enjoy, however.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
West Hill, and with all the recent drainage work probably better condition in the winter.

Camberley is not a Golf Monthly top 100 UK course, where as West Hill is.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm local to Camberley and many of my mates who have played it recently say its in poor condition at the moment.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played West Hill today. It was a very wet day, so wet in fact that my Galvin Green Waterproofs proved they are definitely not 100% waterproof. That aside, what a great track, even in the never ending rain, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Enjoyed it so much that the rain just didn't even factor. Let a two ball through around the halfway, turned out to be the head pro. He came back out to meet us as we were playing in to 18, asked where we were from etc. Then said as it had gotten a tad wet he'd give us a voucher to play the course again next summer at the current winter rate. Totally unexpected, top chap and great service. Recommend West Hill.