Newbie... Army or Camberley Heath?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hi Newbie

Just noticed your post and would suggest that maybe Puttenham should be another course in close proximity that would be worth a look.
http://www.puttenhamgolfclub.co.uk/pages.php/index.html

The proof of the pudding being in the eating why not come and try it for yourself. Experience a course that offers challenging golf in picturesque surroundings. At your age the rates are really competitive for membership. One thing is for sure you would be made very welcome. Let me know.

Puttenham is a great course. Played there recently and the greens were outstanding. Better than West Surrey or Camberley Heath and very friendly people. Definitely give them a call 01483 810498 and i think they are doing some good membership offers, much cheaper than Camberley

Welcome along. First post and a phone number to enquire. You sure you're not touting for members for Puttenham :thup::eek:;);):whistle::rofl:

Not once, but twice………. :rolleyes:

marshhr

Visit site
Absolutely not. Just being helpful as I played there recently. Is that any different from you displaying a web link to your golf club? Are you touting for members:confused::)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely not. Just being helpful as I played there recently. Is that any different from you displaying a web link to your golf club? Are you touting for members:confused::)

Homers' always touting for royal ascot, ignore him. Puttenham looks pretty nice, the holes by the road look pretty tight though:eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Touche. However I (and others) have had these on here for years as a reference. I was merely pointing out that maybe giving the membership number could be seen as advertising! Nice repose though

marshhr

Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Hope I can contribute now and then.

By the way, how do I add what's in my bag like you are all showing? Can't see where one can do that.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Hope I can contribute now and then.

By the way, how do I add what's in my bag like you are all showing? Can't see where one can do that.

Settings; (beside Logout/Login) Edit Signature (in My Settings)

Welcome along btw!

oneputt

Visit site
Hi Newbie

How goes the search? Did not hear back re freebie at Puttenham so assume that you have found a club that suits.

penfold

Hacker
Visit site
Just thought i would give you all a quick update.

I decided to join the Army. The reasons... I found out I had a few old friends I use to play football with that are members so will have a few playing partners, also I found the club very welcoming and like the idea of the teeing off system they use rather than booking tee times. I will be spending the next few weeks trying to get an official handicap and then entering my first competitions, which I am slightly nervous about.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just thought i would give you all a quick update.

I decided to join the Army. The reasons... I found out I had a few old friends I use to play football with that are members so will have a few playing partners, also I found the club very welcoming and like the idea of the teeing off system they use rather than booking tee times. I will be spending the next few weeks trying to get an official handicap and then entering my first competitions, which I am slightly nervous about.

Enjoy their greens later this year! RAPID!!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aye - and when they are fast make sure you get onto the correct level on the last.

In their mens open a couple of years ago, the pins were all put in a position that you either had about 10ft one side of the pin to leave yourself an uphill putt, or you had a downhill one.

lovely.

V

vkurup

I'd be tempted to write some rude remark on the ball! :rolleyes:

Would have to be a pretty good shot on some holes, like 17, though! And worthy of applause, rather than a rude remark, on the 18th! :whistle:

I remember that.. was a funny moment.. (the writing bit, not the drive)..
Army is within a taxi throw away, but have never played there.. have put it on my to-do list for this year.