Well that was lucky

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am currently not paying due to injury. I had hoped to have recovered by today but when it was obvious on Thursday that would not be the case I found a sub for our team in the Captains Day scramble at 8.30 this morning.

The rain was coming down so heavy this morning it woke me up.

D

Deleted member 18588

Another lucky escape here.

I was due to play in a 4 ball v par comp but my partner had to pull out and the draw rearranged to accommodate the other pair.

Another spot became available yesterday morning and I needed to confirm I would take it by 2.00 pm. Sadly I couldn't get to do that on time so missed the opportunity.

It's been chucking it down all morning and I would have been teeing off at 8.42.

Result!!

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played with my regular PP in the afternoon, just a casual game. Neither of us wanted to be the wuss that called it off so we went out and were the only players on the course, it was horrible.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lucky you. I was picked for a club match yesterday and it was torrential when we set off. Some fairways had standing water and puddles were forming on the greens. It was a real grind and we managed to get back from one down to lead one up at the turn. Got back to the clubhouse on the way to the 10th and both captains were there to pull everyone in. Very grateful