Weight transfering?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could someone give me an idea of how to weight transfer consistently,or some practice techniques.I have a tendency to lean back and maybe not get the consistency im looking for,i know when i do it i get a better strike,but im not doing it enough,thx

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen a device on 'tinternet that goes under your right heel and clicks when the weight is transferred correctly. I'm sure you could find it on google. Other than that a wedge shaped piece of wood under the right heel can help with this as it helps the weight transfer and stops you staying on your right side throughout the swing.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
To give yourself an idea of how the weight transfer should work. Take a golf ball in your right hand (assuming you play right handed) stand with your feet a shoulders width apart and then throw the ball as far as you can trying to give it the same flight as a golf ball. You will feel yourself loading the right foot as you take your arm back and the weight will transfer onto your left side as you throw it.

This will give you the feeling you want to replicate in your swing on the way back and through.

Shark

NickSwan

Club Champion
www.3goodshots.com
All depends if you are going for a one or two plane swing.
From my understanding, if one plane, there shouldn't be any weight shift, if two plane then you should be shifting to right side on your back swing.

Check out Jim Hardy stuff (especially their first book) for more on one and two plane stuff:

http://www.planetruthgolf.com/

Cheers
Nick