wedgies

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
can anyone please explain the bounce on wedgies to me.

What wedgies should i think about and is there a certain degree of bounce best suited to certain conditions?
:D

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
On Cleveland wedges you typically get 1,2 or 3 dots. Standard is 2 dots and is for most types of soil conditions. The more bounce you get, the less divot you will take. Here is a break down of when to decide on bounce

1 dot (low bounce)

The Low Bounce option is an outstanding choice for shots from tight lies and firm turf conditions. The combination of less bounce and narrower sole width lowers the leading edge of the blade to promote clean contact on every shot. Perfect for players with a shallow attack angle. Less bounce and narrower sole width make it easier to open the face and hit high, soft landing flop shots.

2w dots (standard bounce)

The Standard Bounce option is the best all around wedge for playability in all types of conditions for all types of players. The Standard Bounce is also an excellent choice for players who like to play an open or square face out of the bunker, and who have an average to slightly steeper attack angle.

3 dots (high bounce)

The High Bounce option is designed for play out of extremely soft turf conditions and bunkers. The combination of the wider flange and ample bounce angle prevent digging and create a smoother gliding action of the sole along the ground or sand. The High Bounce is an excellent choice for players with extremely steep attack angles.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow Madandra....that's a great lesson for those confused about this stuff.

I have used the same Forged Mizuno Tour SW for years now and I think I like it because it has less bounce than almost any SW I've used. It sits flat on the ground around the greens and doesn't seem to suffer digging in for sand shots.

I'd certainly recommend less than more.....a lot of bounce might help in the bunkers, but seems pretty hopeless in every other department....

Dave

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Am I the only one who read the title and assumed this thread was going to be about trying to pull peoples underwear off from under their trousers, and was then slightly disapointed when it wasn't? Mind you, after some of my shots today I deserved a few wedgies off my playing partners!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, you are not alone. I think it's sweet.....maybe I should buy some little sockies for my wedgies.

I have sockies for my big doggies....

I haven't stooped so low as to buy a sockie for my silly puttie.

Dave

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
geronimo - you remind me of my wife, who thought when a team scored for the opposition in football it was called a "home goal"

i still married her because her explanation of the offside rule was reasonable

i shall be keeping an eye on your posts :D

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow Madandra....that's a great lesson for those confused about this stuff.

Sorry lads, I can't take any credit for the info I supplied. You see I was looking at a new Cleveland CG11 48* wedge and did a bit of digging on their website so all the info I added earlier was simply 'cut and paste' from their site.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
you should never have admitted that madandra; instead you should have claimed a degree or massive research grant - after all, that's how they're earned.