Paradym vs Ai Smoke

TigerBear

Visit site
Looking at a new 3 wood. Was at AG and hit the Ai Smoke, Ping G430 and Qi10.

Not a massive difference between the Ai smoke and the Qi10 but for some reason I couldn't get the G430 going and that's supposed to be the most forgiving :ROFLMAO: going by numbers the Ai Smoke suited me best.

Has me thinking, is there any real difference between the current Ai Smoke and last year's Paradym? The marketers and AG salesman will tell you it's night and day but what if any are the actual advances in technology between the two?

Visit site
I have a Paradym and to be honest, I think the Paradym in itself was a bit of a jump from the previous models and had great reviews, I would be astonished if there is any real/meaningful difference.

All the latest drivers for about 15 years have generally not done much extra for the golfer if you hit the ball out the middle, however where they have got so much better is forgiveness.

If I had to guess, the AI Smoke probably offers an extra yard out the middle compared to the Paradym - but maybe an extra few yards for toe/heel strikes.

I used to have an Epic - that model probably a good 7-8 years old now - there is very little noticeable difference between that and the Paradym out the middle. And the fact that I got custom fitted, took half an inch off the shaft, and went from 10.5 to 9 degrees, means my Paradym has a fair bit less carry than the Epic!

Teebs

Visit site
Biggest difference is the stock shafts between the two.
What shaft did you hit in the G430? I've always found their stock shaft poor for me, but Hzrdus red is great...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Paradym and to be honest, I think the Paradym in itself was a bit of a jump from the previous models and had great reviews, I would be astonished if there is any real/meaningful difference.

All the latest drivers for about 15 years have generally not done much extra for the golfer if you hit the ball out the middle, however where they have got so much better is forgiveness.

If I had to guess, the AI Smoke probably offers an extra yard out the middle compared to the Paradym - but maybe an extra few yards for toe/heel strikes.

I used to have an Epic - that model probably a good 7-8 years old now - there is very little noticeable difference between that and the Paradym out the middle. And the fact that I got custom fitted, took half an inch off the shaft, and went from 10.5 to 9 degrees, means my Paradym has a fair bit less carry than the Epic!
I was looking at updating my epic speed head with a paradym. I looked at the comparisons to rogue st of epic speed and paradym. It looked worthwhile, then I looked at AI smoke vs paradym and they reckon the AI smoke is a bit less spin sensitive across the face and is longer …. But AI smoke is shorter than current competitors offerings and TSR3 … so looking at the cost I set a max of £230 for a Paradym in excellent condition. Ai smoke no, and TSR3 £300-350 plus the £60 for the shaft .. and some fiddling .. or I just stick with my epic speed and accept it’s a little shorter

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i am thinking of upgrading from my original blue rogue to either the newer rouge or paradym but really not sure which version to go for.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i am thinking of upgrading from my original blue rogue to either the newer rouge or paradym but really not sure which version to go for.
Paradym was better than Rogue ST but not massively to justify moving to the Paradym.. if you believe all the stuff.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
More like a backwards step. They have removed Batwing technology from the Ai Smoke, which really hobbles it in comparison. Batwing was a huge technological advancement, that took year and millions in research. It may well have been simply too effective, and they backtracked, thinking 'best just leave it'. They arent making too much noise about it though, and have made it a quiet withdrawal. You have wonder were they encouraged by shadowy powers.

Viewer

Visit site
More like a backwards step. They have removed Batwing technology from the Ai Smoke, which really hobbles it in comparison. Batwing was a huge technological advancement, that took year and millions in research. It may well have been simply too effective, and they backtracked, thinking 'best just leave it'. They arent making too much noise about it though, and have made it a quiet withdrawal. You have wonder were they encouraged by shadowy powers.
Have you tried to Ai Smoke?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
You're a new member, so you may be unaware that Backsticks doesn't believe in fitting or improvement in technology since 2000and something.
And he likes to tell us all in almost any thread he feels it appropriate.

TigerBear

Visit site

I brought my current TM RBZ 3 wood and I was getting about 10-12 yards extra out the middle with the Ai Smoke.

What makes you think there's been such a jump for off centre strikes between the Paradym and Ai Smoke?

TigerBear

Visit site
Biggest difference is the stock shafts between the two.
What shaft did you hit in the G430? I've always found their stock shaft poor for me, but Hzrdus red is great...
Just the stock shafts in Stiff for all 3.

Really surprised at how poor I was hitting the G430, would then pick up the Ai Smoke or Qi10 and stripe it :ROFLMAO:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just the stock shafts in Stiff for all 3.

Really surprised at how poor I was hitting the G430, would then pick up the Ai Smoke or Qi10 and stripe it :ROFLMAO:
Buy the ping G430 the other 2 are giving you a false sense of security .. they will become on course slappers