Trackman vs GC Quad

evemccc

Visit site
I’m sure there is little difference really, but I’m curious if there is any difference in Trackman and Quad comparing swing speeds?

I have been on 3 different Quads and always have a driver SS of approx 102/103 - most going to 106 and usually lowest at 99 or 100.

Yet had a lesson with a different pro last weekend and used Trackman - which recorded SS at 94-95 on average and 97 at most.

I felt I was swinging it equally as fast (or as slow?) as before…yet much slower speeds recorded

Only reason I note this is the only other time I have used Trackman was at Titleist St Ives for a Vokey fitting in hot summer weather and it was recording my Carry at about 10 yards less than Quad has showed in the past, and from what I usually know I hit a PW at my course in summer weather based on GPS and laser etc ?

Is this a coincidence? I imagine a slight difference between the types of tech, but I didn’t think it would be that much

Thoughts?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m sure there is little difference really, but I’m curious if there is any difference in Trackman and Quad comparing swing speeds?

I have been on 3 different Quads and always have a driver SS of approx 102/103 - most going to 106 and usually lowest at 99 or 100.

Yet had a lesson with a different pro last weekend and used Trackman - which recorded SS at 94-95 on average and 97 at most.

I felt I was swinging it equally as fast (or as slow?) as before…yet much slower speeds recorded

Only reason I note this is the only other time I have used Trackman was at Titleist St Ives for a Vokey fitting in hot summer weather and it was recording my Carry at about 10 yards less than Quad has showed in the past, and from what I usually know I hit a PW at my course in summer weather based on GPS and laser etc ?

Is this a coincidence? I imagine a slight difference between the types of tech, but I didn’t think it would be that much

Thoughts?

they measure things differently, so there will always be little differences.

Quad takes a stream of photos at impact, and TrackMan uses Radar to track the ball flight.

Personally, I prefer Quad or GC2 with HMT over TrackMan

D

Deleted member 1147

Was the track man set up for actual or standardised distance?
We’re you using range or proper balls?
These can make a difference

evemccc

Visit site
Was the track man set up for actual or standardised distance?
We’re you using range or proper balls?
These can make a difference

No it was premium newish balls

I have no idea of the settings but this is all I can think of

Springveldt

Visit site
I’m sure there is a difference on how they measure club head speed. It’s something like GC Quad is measuring the speed based on the club face at the time just before impact while Trackman is measuring the CG point of the driver. I’m sure I heard some fitter say that in a YouTube video. The end result is that GC Quad usually has your club head speed a few miles per hour quicker.

I’ve always found the Foresight gives me bigger carries compared to Trackman but to be fair to Trackman I’ve only used it into a net or with range balls that are being standardised to premium balls.