Callaway Paradym AI smoke HL irons

markf497

Visit site
I got fitted for these irons by my local pro about 3 weeks ago and was due to get them Friday 9th on the release date but I got a call today with my new irons in the pro shop 2 days early!!
I got 5-AW and tested them this afternoon mega forgiving with a nice soft feel and sound really good when hit, I went for the HL model as I don't hit the ball that high but excellent height and distance even in the cold soft conditions today. Looking forward to the start of the season and getting my handicap back down to 5 after going up to 8 last season. Also tried the new Paradym Driver but going to wait until it warms up a bit before taking one out on the course to see the difference between my Epic Max LS driver.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Funnily enough....i got a call yesterday afternoon from my local shop saying my AI Smoke irons had arrived early!!!

Only trouble is that I'm working away from home and tomorrow will be the earliest I can pick them up!!

markf497

Visit site
Enjoy my 1st impression's are easy to hit and softer of the face than my old JPX 919 forged irons looking forward to the start of the season. Going to the course simulator tomorrow to get my distances for them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very surprised to hear a single-handicapper going for what I perceived to be very game-improvement irons. All power to you though. I do love a Callaway iron, using the Rogue ST Max's myself.

markf497

Visit site
I tried Ping g430, i525, taylormade p790's and the new cobra darkspeed. Best 2 were the i525's and the AI smoke HL. I went for the AI Smoke HL as I'm after a higher ball flight and although I was getting good numbers from the i525's as well as the AI smoke HL I went for the AI's as they are more forgiving and they look good at address.
My natural shot is a draw and after struggling the last couple of years trying to hit a fade I've decided to work with my natural shot and the higher flight will help hold more greens.
I was surprised with the look of the club behind the ball they look smaller than my old JPX919 forged irons.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got fitted for the A1 smoke max fast as these came out best for me as I’m a senior with a slow swing speed.

Very pleased with clubs so far I was struggling hitting my Taylormade burners very inconsistent and pulling most shots left.

New clubs are far more consistent, straighter and longer lots of encouragement for season ahead.

For GI irons they look very good at address and a nice zip off the club face, I got 6-AW and I think they are that good I might get a 5 iron after I’ve given the clubs a good runout. I had to ditch my old 5iron as it was so inconsistent.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've only managed to play maybe 4 rounds with my Ai Smokes since i got them two months ago. Most of the golf I have played has been in three or four club winds (last two comps have seen PCC adjustments of 3 and 2 respectively) so I've been able to form absolutely no informed opinion on distance whatsoever, compared to my old Apex CF19's. However...what is noticeable is an increased level of forgiveness on off centre strikes and a significant improvement in accuracy and dispersion control...now some of that may be due to going to an Elevate 85g shaft rather than the 95 in the old clubs.

A bit of me is beginning to be sucked in to adopting a notion that this "smart face" technology might be giving me a helping hand, and I'm now considering taking a punt on the hybrids.

markf497

Visit site
I've played a good few rounds and trips to the range and clubs are very forgiving really nice feel and flight, got fitted for the AI smoke paradym max driver yesterday hopefully getting delivered to my pro shop on Friday. My mate has the 3 wood HL model and hybrids he's very impressed with them.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've played a good few rounds and trips to the range and clubs are very forgiving really nice feel and flight, got fitted for the AI smoke paradym max driver yesterday hopefully getting delivered to my pro shop on Friday. My mate has the 3 wood HL model and hybrids he's very impressed with them.

Had to do a double take on the BIB, how do they fit it all on the driver?
So I did a search to check and there's actually one called a "Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max Fast"!