Wedge set up with no lob wedge

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have always gone 50/56 and found it perfectly adequate. On the occasion I've stuck a lob wedge in as an experiment I've never really found the need to use it.

Thats the problem I have at the moment, I tend to use the 52º a lot and use the 58º for flops and green side bunkers.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You could compromise....
Get another 52 and 58 in a similar style and looks to what you have now and get them bent to 51 and 57.
Win win

Fabia999

Visit site
Im currently playing 45 PW, 52, 56 and the gap between my PW and 52 is too much, I would change to a 50 but then it'll throw my 56 out. I'm tempted to get an older PW with about 48 loft to bridge the gap until i replace my wedges.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Im currently playing 45 PW, 52, 56 and the gap between my PW and 52 is too much, I would change to a 50 but then it'll throw my 56 out. I'm tempted to get an older PW with about 48 loft to bridge the gap until i replace my wedges.
Or get a 50° wedge bent to 51°. 5° between each then. Mizuno or Ping can be bent easily, I understand.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I use 45, 50, 56. Id never even consider hitting the 56 with a full swing so the full shot yardage is meaningless. Similarly Its pretty rare I'd use a full shot with the 50, but it does happen

Basically 115 plus is iron set
110 - 75 is some kind of 50 degree pitch.
75 in is, unless exceptional circumstances, some kind of 56.

Im not even sure how far I could hit the 56? Maybe 90 at a push? No reason to find out...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use 45, 50, 56. Id never even consider hitting the 56 with a full swing so the full shot yardage is meaningless. Similarly Its pretty rare I'd use a full shot with the 50, but it does happen

Im not even sure how far I could hit the 56? Maybe 90 at a push? No reason to find out...
Why not? (Just out of interest.)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

That's quite interesting as I'm the opposite, a find a full shot the easiest to hit and use my 58 for full shots all the time, esp if I need it to stop quickly

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That's quite interesting as I'm the opposite, a find a full shot the easiest to hit and use my 58 for full shots all the time, esp if I need it to stop quickly
I think it's a shot that everyone should have in their locker..you may not use it very often but there may come a time that you need to.
And you've not practiced it you've got little chance of pulling it off.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I tend to not hit full shots with my 58.
Find that the distance is less consistent that with my 54 that I hit about 90 yards.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think it's a shot that everyone should have in their locker..you may not use it very often but there may come a time that you need to.
And you've not practiced it you've got little chance of pulling it off.
Prob play it at least 2 or 3 times a round, esp if I've hit it too well off the tee and got closer than expected?