Weather forecastes

Alan Clifford

Visit site
It's gone 6 o'clock on Thurday evening. Met. office forcaste for tomorrow shows 10% probability of rain at 10 am up until 13:00. BBC shows 88% rising to 95% at 11 am.

How can I decide to play golf tomorrow? I guess I'll just look out of the window tomorrow morning.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
It's gone 6 o'clock on Thurday evening. Met. office forcaste for tomorrow shows 10% probability of rain at 10 am up until 13:00. BBC shows 88% rising to 95% at 11 am.

How can I decide to play golf tomorrow? I guess I'll just look out of the window tomorrow morning.

Had the same, but thankfully wasn't playing. Crazy how they could be so different. BBC via Meteo were correct, but even they didn't have it still raining at 7pm.

D

Deleted member 23270

I thought the BBC got their forecasts from the Met Office :unsure:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had a severe weather warning this morning at 8am to cover 9am to 2pm today for Lightening and Thunder.

Wouldve been really helpful if the storm hadnt hit at just after 6.30am and had long since passed through!!!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

look at the rain radar an hour before youre due to tee off

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Would go met over bbc in a blink.
Are you kidding?
The Met Office is based in Exeter.
I live 12 miles from Exeter, and the Met Office forecast here is rarely right.
If they can't even get it ok in their own backyard, it hardly fills me with confidence.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Are you kidding?
The Met Office is based in Exeter.
I live 12 miles from Exeter, and the Met Office forecast here is rarely right.
If they can't even get it ok in their own backyard, it hardly fills me with confidence.
? comment was based on how poor the beeb forecast seems (to me), round here reckon the met is a step up to "fair to middling"

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
? comment was based on how poor the beeb forecast seems (to me), round here reckon the met is a step up to "fair to middling"
I'll admit my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.
Weather in the South West is notoriously difficult to predict. We're basically a peninsula sticking out into the Atlantic, and the prevailing weather fronts can veer any way at random.