We Apologize!

SCDeac82

Visit site
Hello Everyone: If you watched the telecast today, on behalf of America, I want to apologize for the behavior of the imbeciles "fans" hollering nonsense behind every tee at the US PGA today. Their behavior was embarrassing. Ian Poulter was right to point this out, as was Nick Faldo. This would never happen in the UK, where golf spectators still have a sense of decorum and respect. Thank you for letting me vent my frustration. Thank you also for the way you respect the sport. Keep it in the short grass!:D -John Burwell Greenville, SC

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello and welcome,

The Usual thing a small minority ruining things for the vast majority. Shame it's not as easy as some think to eradicate but let's hope something can be done.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally agree.
It seems they now have a competition going on.
The most stupid and loudest shout out.
Must admit last night whilst watching I started to listen out for the shouts after every tee-shot,as
I knew they were coming.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Over rowdy supporters, is this what prompted GMAC to say to his caddie "these guys are (insert expletive) killing me"

I heard Sky apologise for his language but didn't find out why he said it.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd love to know what relevance "Chewbacca" has to Golf.

And on the point of eradicating it, can they not just be thrown out? It can't have been that hard to spot the numpties shouting out?

Last edited:

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just needs all the normal people to point them out to the marshalls and chuck them out, if they know they're going to get thrown out then it'll soon stop, doing nothing just encourages them.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Noticed Furyk giving someone a real stare on the 16th or 17th tee. I think Ewen Murray is right when he says that one day someone is going to shout before the ball is hit.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'd love to know what relevance "Chewbacca" has to Golf.

And on the point of eradicating it, can they now just be thrown out? It can't have been that hard to spot the numpties shouting out?
I think that the Chewbacca is reserved for Duffner. He chews tobacco whilst playing so I am assuming that the twerps have shortened it to fit him.

I would love the players to ask the marshals to remove these people from the course!

mykweb

Assistant Pro
www.mykweb.co.uk
I don't mind the whipping up the crowd like at the RC last year. When Bubba and Polts were getting the crowd to cheer and make noise when teeing off. But I do agree all this shouting nonsense is pointless. I mean get in the Hole on a par 5, 500 plus yards. COME ON.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am glad that this is seen as a problem on the other side of the Atlantic and I, for one, am grateful to the OP for taking the trouble to post on here. I agree with others who have posted on this. It won't stop until it is made clear that the shouters will be ejected. Once the first ones go it will stop overnight. I am afraid that this is a blight on this great game and it needs dealing with. Now.