Poulter backs new skipper Monty

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Assuming Poults doesn't make the team (I reckon he will!) then Monty's got to pick him if only because of the spat they had - allegedly.

If the doesn't it'll be seen as - Monty hates Poults and its Monty's bat and ball and he won't let Poults play coz he doesn't like him.

So you can ink-in Poulter for the next RC right now!

Unless Poults sleeps with Mrs Monty!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Herb everything you have quoted there is all your opinion where as the snippet I posted re Faldo not being a captain who was well liked in his role by the players he was looking over comes from a European Tour player close to the action with colleagues playing in the team so I would say it is pretty much 'fact' as you put it.....

I am in no way wishing to 'enhance' any 'credibility' as you also put it but I did think that the forumers may be interested in the insight.End of.

Sorry dodger, but you confuse Fact with hearsay or opinion, I offer honest and open opinion,based on understanding of the subject and some knowledge without unnecessarily naming names or unsubstanciated quotes, if you seek to name me in threads then offer nothing more than hearsay or opinion dressed up as fact and in the form of subtle ridicule, then expect a reply, seems to me your charactor would be well suited to the RC changing rooms of recent times. :rolleyes:

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think Monty is a good choice especially at home--he would be a poor choice away given his "Rapport" with the Yanks.

He was the heartbeat of the team for many years and understands the team concept and will do what is necessary for the team.

Ollie may be the right choice for the next away game in 2012 and vice captain for 2010.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
And you herb are confusing gossip with actual FACT.

Yawn.

Fact in brief...1 a thing that is KNOWN to have occured, existed or to be true.2 a datum of experience. 3.Item of VERIFIED information. 4.truth,reality

A fact known to you is not a fact known to me unless it is proven, verified, experienced or witnessed by me.Using a medium like a web forum to impart information or opinion is nothing more than information exchange an is not FACT until verified. ;)

I think you are definitely the one who is yawning, sleeping in class and missing the fact! :rolleyes: :p

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Funny that,I kinda thought that possibly from reading the style of previous replies that you may be a headmaster/teacher or maybe of the military.....

Anyhow I am sure in time my 'information exchange' will become 'fact' probably through the 'medium' that is the world wide web and those other 'mediums' they call newspapers but then again unless YOU have 'proven, verified, experienced or witnessed' it then I suppose in no way can it ever become a fact....I best make sure I let you know when that happens... :D

F##k me, I'm off to do my lines Sir! ;)

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny that,I kinda thought that possibly from reading the style of previous replies that you may be a headmaster/teacher or maybe of the military.....

Anyhow I am sure in time my 'information exchange' will become 'fact' probably through the 'medium' that is the world wide web and those other 'mediums' they call newspapers but then again unless YOU have 'proven, verified, experienced or witnessed' it then I suppose in no way can it ever become a fact....I best make sure I let you know when that happens... :D

F##k me, I'm off to do my lines Sir! ;)

Now your being tetchy there, you want to be heard so badly and believed so badly that when someone like me doesnt follow the crowd and believe everything I read on a web site or even in the newspapers, and certainly not those who shout the loudest, offence seems to be taken so easily. YOU told ME I confuse gossip with fact in a childish reply, I simply answered your post showing you that I do know the difference.If I feel it so important to find truth or fact about something,I will, using my own path,thankyou.

Also, from a few comments on a web site you have decided in your mind that you know what I do, proffession etc, you dont, thats a sign of presumption. :rolleyes: And then you finish with a sign of exasperation and foul language.

Lets just leave it there shall we, perhaps if you didnt bite people with a differing opinion or who question the validity of something quoted as fact with facetious comment or alloofness, you wouldnt get someone like me standing up to it, something you are seemingly not used to. :rolleyes:

T

thecraw

So Wilson and before hand McGinley who have both been quoted in the paper and both have also not denied the quotes are wrong because you dont want to believe it untill you experience it first hand? Cant wait to watch you in the Ryder Cup!

Facts are Faldo was a numpty of a captain, from his opening speech through to his sandwich list, pairings and closing speech, a total and utter failure.

"ladies and gentlemen, this is Paul Casey, he is known as popeye because he has big arms, and he has very white teeth"

WTF! A taxi should have been called there and then!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Wilson and before hand McGinley who have both been quoted in the paper and both have also not denied the quotes are wrong because you dont want to believe it untill you experience it first hand? Cant wait to watch you in the Ryder Cup!

Facts are Faldo was a numpty of a captain, from his opening speech through to his sandwich list, pairings and closing speech, a total and utter failure.

"ladies and gentlemen, this is Paul Casey, he is known as popeye because he has big arms, and he has very white teeth"

WTF! A taxi should have been called there and then!

And no doubt if someone you admired and supported :rolleyes: said Monty had gone blind because someone they know told them so, this would become your evidence of fact and you would then come out with absolutely non-sensical analogy not related to such a statement quoted as fact by the person you admire and support :rolleyes:

Its one of the techniques the media use so very well ;) and so very often and just because someone fails to deny something,doesnt mean its fact, nor does it mean its false, nor does it mean its accurately quoted or quoted in full which often carries a different perspective to any statement.

Making the comment relating the section regarding 'experience first hand' (another mis quote I might add) followed by a facetious remark about cant wait seeing me in the RC, is utterly childish and pathetic, grow up!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody kids annoy anyone eventually, I dont see what you get from it, but if it makes your purile minds happy then Im happy for you. :rolleyes: I thought this was a great Golf related forum, but in reality it just lowers itself now and then to a common level like every other site out there, sad really but there ya go. Im outa here.