We Apologize!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think it would take much to sort out the "shouters", just let one or two be visibly removed from the course and I think the few left would very quickly quieten down. It'd only take someone shouting out during Tiger's downswing for the first ejection to be made!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
SWAT snipers!
Three SWAT snipers in trees around every tee using rubber bullets so when a shout comes they get a rubber bullet in the ribs. Good practice for the SWAT teams and would soon stop the shouting. I accept there might be the odd miss fire but the people around them would soon learn to get out of their way to give a clean shot.:whoo:

I've read some silly posts in my time, but this one takes the biscuit ................. it is just ridiculous.
I mean, in the ribs, what's that all about.
Kneecaps & ankles must be the target of choice, stop the buggers running off after being hit!

Slime.

Justman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Over rowdy supporters, is this what prompted GMAC to say to his caddie "these guys are (insert expletive) killing me"

I heard Sky apologise for his language but didn't find out why he said it.

There is a great clip on youtube with GMAC reacting to a shout of "mashed potato!" from one of these idiots. Very funny!

Gazboy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think it would take much to sort out the "shouters", just let one or two be visibly removed from the course and I think the few left would very quickly quieten down. It'd only take someone shouting out during Tiger's downswing for the first ejection to be made!

The first ejection being Tiger spitting again?

The PGA don't even need to eject a real fan, they could plant one of their own in the crowd to be ejected on the first tee. Perhaps the PGA could then turn their attention to players spitting and throwing clubs.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The PGA has its head so far in the sand to most of the controversial issues. Look at the farcical way they handled the long putter argument so something like spitting or shouting is going to be way beyond their means. It would mean taking some kind of action and being seen to do so