Waterproof Trouser recommendations

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for waterproof trouser recommendations please, ideally a lightweight over-trouser option?

Difficult to tell when looking online what's normal trousers and what's over-trouser. Budget is £70-£140 range?

Thanks

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just bought a pair of Proquip Tourflex waterproof trousers. I’m long in the leg, and after hours of searching the internet Proquip were one of only a handful of manufacturers who didn’t stop at a 33” inside leg, which is not long enough for me.

Good value at a shade over £50 and I’m really happy with the quality.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive got a pair of Galvin Green paclite, i got in the sale for £70 from Inverness golf club, worth looking around for deals ig you know what you want

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions - i've had a look at all the sites it's just not clear which are over-trousers and which are normal trousers that are waterproof.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve had a couple of pairs of these over the years for hiking and they are superb but, having tried them for golf, they are a bit frustrating as they have no pockets.

cheers, John

I have those but the fact they don't have pockets doesn't bother me. Just use the pockets in my jacket.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've inherited
I’ve had a couple of pairs of these over the years for hiking and they are superb but, having tried them for golf, they are a bit frustrating as they have no pockets.

cheers, John
I've "inherited" a pair of North Face Goretex trousers from my stepson. They only have a back pocket but as they are free and almost new, I'll live with it. :giggle:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
That's bargain of the century, I recently bought some for 200 quid ?

Several guys at my place have recently bought the new Footjoy waterproof overtrousers, I think they're about 100 quid, they look good and everyone I've asked seems very happy with them.
wasn't even looking for a pair as i'd just got a brand new GG with the lining, saw these in Navy in Mels and a bargain, so good i've not even worn the others. The paclite are perfect, much lighter than the others and matches my jacket that GG replaced