Waterproof Shoes

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Skechers Go Golf.
Waterproof, light and very, very comfy. Like playing in slippers!
I look after them though and clean them after every round then give them the old dubbin treatment, especially round the welts.
Had mine around 18 months now and played on a very wet course yesterday. Dry feet and socks after 18 holes......... bliss.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Skechers Go Golf.
Waterproof, light and very, very comfy. Like playing in slippers!
I look after them though and clean them after every round then give them the old dubbin treatment, especially round the welts.
Had mine around 18 months now and played on a very wet course yesterday. Dry feet and socks after 18 holes......... bliss.
I've got a pair of Skechers Go Golf and like all my other golf shoes they leak.
But then again, I don't look after them like you do.
I suspect that if you clean and slap dubbin on after every round, ANY golf shoes will remain waterproof.
But that's too much like hard work, isn't it?

When I first started playing about 20 years ago, the first pair I ever had (Footjoy of some sort) were 100% waterproof and stayed that way without being mollycoddled until they just wore out. So it's perfectly possible to make them. Just seems that none of the manufacturers are interested in doing so these days.

sunshine

Visit site
All my waterproof shoes eventually leak at the same place: where the upper joins the midsole, at the point where I flex my forefoot. I understand how dubbin can improve the durability of the leather but I'm not sure this makes a difference to the wear at the crease at the join to the sole.

I have some ecco waterproof shoe spray. Not sure it's made any difference.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I have worn Footjoys for twenty odd years. Dryjoys in the winter and other shoes in the summer. I understand Dryjoys come with a years guarantee. Mine seem to last three years before letting water in. I apply dubbin most weeks. A few questions for the forum.

1. Am I perhaps not maintaining the shoes correctly?
2. Should I only expect three years water ‘tight’ ?
3. Does anyone get longer water ‘ tight’ results from their winter shoes?

Footjoy have stopped the Tour range and are bringing out a replacement range in Jan. I’m unsure whether to put up with my leaking pair until then, or perhaps move to a different manufacturer. (I can’t locate a replacement pair in my size.)

I think that's pretty good performance.

Also definitely agree with the strategy of only use your waterproof shoes when required and put any 'dry miles' onto cheaper shoes.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another SealSkinz fan here. Although it has to be said, the membrane does wear out pretty easily around the toes and once there's a hole no water is staying out. I still use a 6 year old pair for mountain biking as the wet suit effect at least keeps my feet warm.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If your shoes are in good condition but leaking - sealskinz waterproof socks are the way to go. They'll keep your feet both warm and dry

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
These waterproof socks that everyone loves... don't they make your feet sweaty? Are they breathable?
I tend to wear them in winter so my feet don't get warm enough. I am thinking of getting a warm weather pair, there is such a thing apparently, for spring / summer use when the grass is soaked but the weather warmish.

The regular ones are pretty thick although they feel different to regular thick socks so maybe they would be okay in all but summer?

NearHull

Visit site
Next magazine article title ?

‘It doesn’t do what it says on the tin!’

First paragraph- Waterproof Shoes

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The only truly waterproof shoes I can remember owning were the old Stylo moulded plastic/rubber type.

They lasted forever but your feet couldn't breathe so Odor-eaters were a must. :sick:

View attachment 33871
I had them as well. Very waterproof but where are the white frilled covers over the laces?
s-l400.jpg

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
My shoes would have been throw in the bin before even reaching 3 years old.

I never found FJs to be any better than cheaper brands when it came to the length of life of the waterproof features.

I miss HiTech (they withdrew from the golf shoe market) good fit, comfort and lasted really well in terms of waterproofing with the HI Tech Dri Tec shoe.
I once arrived at an away day without shoes. I bought the cheapest shoes in the pro shop which happened to be Hi Tec. They were the most comfy shoe I have ever had.
I also am a big fan of waterproof socks.