Waterproof Carry bag recommendations please

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I like the look of the Titleist Stay Dry; TaylorMade Flex tech waterproof; Mizuno BR-DRI.

Would like something fully waterproof, comfortable straps and plenty of storage space.

£175 max budget (preferably nearer £150)

Chico84

Visit site
I use the Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid bag. It’s fully waterproof, comfy straps, has 14 dividers (I realise some people don’t like this) and loads of storage space. Comes in at around £150 if you shop around. Some good colour schemes too. I can certainly recommend it, although I don’t really have anything to compare it to as it’s my first proper carry bag.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I use the Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid bag. It’s fully waterproof, comfy straps, has 14 dividers (I realise some people don’t like this) and loads of storage space. Comes in at around £150 if you shop around. Some good colour schemes too. I can certainly recommend it, although I don’t really have anything to compare it to as it’s my first proper carry bag.

I had the big max hybrid bag which was great except for the 14 way dividers. I found that they weren’t quite big enough and my midsize grips were tricky to get out let alone the putter!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I like the look of the Titleist Stay Dry; TaylorMade Flex tech waterproof; Mizuno BR-DRI.

Would like something fully waterproof, comfortable straps and plenty of storage space.

£175 max budget (preferably nearer £150)

https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/looking-for-a-new-stand-bag.104947/post-2160177

Motocaddy Aquaflex (now Hydroflex). Great bag, was a good price, very happy with mine. There's a couple of ebay at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motocadd...984709?hash=item1cec445205:g:6ckAAOSwnpZe5khH
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motocadd...756121?hash=item1a9a5a4219:g:eJwAAOSwKrte5gQQ

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If you head to ebay. There's a retailer. Moresportsoutlet. They have 5 or 6bsecent ones. They constantly run a promotion where you get 10% off of you purchase 5 items. So grab a bag and then 4 lots of Tees for £1. Then add the additional 15% promo they curre tly have.

This should get a lot of decent bags, including the mizuno under budget.

sunshine

Visit site
I was looking for a waterproof bag last year. The problem i found was that most waterproof bags have limited pockets compared to normal non-waterproof bags. The Mizuno BR-DRI bag for example has hardly any storage.

Opted for the Big max aqua hybrid in the end. It was the only bag with loads of big pockets. It is a bit heavier than my last stand bag (weighed it as 500g heavier), I guess this is the 14-way dividers.

sunshine

Visit site

The aqua bag is fully waterproof (with a 2 yr guarantee).
The dri-lite is only water resistant. Have you found it fully waterproof so far?

Chico84

Visit site
The aqua bag is fully waterproof (with a 2 yr guarantee).
The dri-lite is only water resistant. Have you found it fully waterproof so far?

I’ve had no problems with the level of waterproofness so far. Admittedly I’ve not had it out in monsoon conditions but I’ve had absolute faith in it keeping things dry.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Carry bags haven't been my thing for a while, I'm afraid.

Should you decide to stop abusing yourself both by walking and by playing in the rain, however,
I find the Titleist Cart 14 to be a very functional as well as handsome bag.

But really, it's ok to just play gin, and even drink it, in the clubhouse once in a while.
Especially when it's raining.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I have an Ouul waterproof carry bag. Its very light and properly waterproof.

Ouul seemed to have pulled out of the UK market so their bags can be had very cheap.

Boomy

Visit site
Titleist StaDry Players 4 for me ?? There are some decent lesser known brand ones out there but all the ones I looked at were heavier than the Titleist. No complaints from me so far ✔️
D75DD471-E1CE-4FD6-B90A-347A10F3F36E.jpeg

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’m not sure that would sit in the best advice file tbh Ken. Perhaps if wet grips was the only concern ?

Wet grips is THE main concern. A "waterproof bag" will not stop the clubs getting wet.
What else is in a bag?
Waterproofs - wearing them.
Balls - waterproof.

So, the main thing is to keep your grips dry and your round going.

Boomy

Visit site
Wet grips is THE main concern. A "waterproof bag" will not stop the clubs getting wet.
What else is in a bag?
Waterproofs - wearing them.
Balls - waterproof.

So, the main thing is to keep your grips dry and your round going.

It really helps keep everything inside it dry, combined with the rain hood which I think is superb on the Titleist bags. Towel kept under the rain hood too, then one can wipe club heads and/or grips down if required. Not to mention not having to strip everything out of a non waterproof bag, drying it all off, then leaving the bag to eventually dry out. So no, for me it is much more than just how it helps to keep the clubs drier.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Titleist StaDry Players 4 for me ?? There are some decent lesser known brand ones out there but all the ones I looked at were heavier than the Titleist. No complaints from me so far ✔️
View attachment 36715

I suspect they are all made by the same one or two manufacturers, with different names printed on them. Ouul make bags for Ping and someone else.

The only bag lighter than mine was the carbon Mizuno. But was 3x the price.