Warning: Your Putter is NOT a Baton....

Scazza

Head Pro
Visit site
Just a quick word of warning lads. Do NOT use your putter as a baton, do NOT twirl it or spin it around when walking away form the green to your bag! Why I hear you ask?! Because it's not big, it's not clever and you may end up with one of these! (WARNING: UGLY MUG)

306290_10150700960828555_504718554_9217707_1739258779_n.jpg

Yes that is a black eye and yes that is my face!

It happened today whilst playing at my home club with my Golf Society as I was walking from the 7th green to the 8th tee, I had my putter in hand and was twirling my putter around, next thing I know the head of the putter has hit me square on the eye brow!

It swelled up a treat! It had my fellow playing partner's in fits of laughter! It must of affected my game as my tee shot on the par 3 I put to 12 foot and I then went on to 3 putt! Shoddy!

We went on to shoot 83 points (best 2 scores to count) and winning the day by 6 points. Needless to say my head and eye hurt for the remaining 11 holes and may explain my poor +7 back 9!

Anyway, I'm thankful it is just a black eye and I didn't take my eye out! Lesson Learn't!!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Erm............................................... knob :thup:

Baton twirling, indeed!....You don't even look like a cheerleader! :p

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
yeah lucky it didnt take you eye or knock your teeth out.

i was in a bunker one time and didnt get the ball up high enough. it hit the lip of the bunker and bounced off and hit me on the lip. when i got home i got no sympathy from my dad as he says " you should have kept your head down" :eek: