Wanted! Recruits for the 'Golf Monthly reader editorial panel' Your game needs you!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Wanted! Recruits for the 'Golf Monthly reader editorial panel' Your game needs you!

Evening all

Hope you are all well and have been enjoying a bit of autumn golf

I'm looking to recruit 6-10 GM readers/forum users to act as an advisory panel to the GM team giving us feedback on everything we do and helping shape the future of GM - magazine, website and indeed anything we do under the GM umberella

Ideally I want the panel to have representatives from every section of the golfing community....
  • Men and women
  • Cat 1 golfers (will even consider gadget inventing PGA pros) to complete beginers
  • Long-term GM subscribers to folk who dont ever read the magazine
  • iPad users to complete technophobes
  • Forum die-hards to readers who have never used the website (probably not going to recruit any of those here!)
  • Young whipper snappers to old farts who have seen it all
  • You could be a club member who playes four times a week or a nomad who would never join a club and only plays once a month
  • I want golfers who love new kit or those still getting it round with a set of Titleist DCIs (or older!)
  • Fans of the European and PGA Tours or someone who couldn't give a monkeys about Rory, Tiger, Tom Lewis et al
  • and you could live anywhere from Kensignton to Kerry..

This will be a broad church but we'll have one love... golf

In return for your time, thoughts and quality input you'll be rewarded regularly. It could be anything from a dozen golf balls to a round with the GM team at a nice course... and plenty in between. The more you give the more you'll get back

I cant think of a better place to start my search than on here where there's no bigger cross-section of the golf community all up for sharing throughts and opinions

If you are intersted in being part of the reader editorial panel then drop me an email michael_harris@ipcmedia.com and tell me a bit about yourlsef. Let me know about everything from your handicap to your current driver, the best course youve ever played to the page(s) you most love or hate in the magazine

I hope this will be a lot of fun for those who are selected and for everyone else it'll lead to what our friends in the US would call 'a better reader experience'

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
excellent idea, thats the kind of thinking that will ensure you stay ahead of the game.:)

Jonny

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've sent one through as well. It would be good to be involved I think. Hopefully the comments made on the best/worst parts of the magazine are taken constructively as well.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi
Thanks to everyone who had applied for this. Great to see so much enthusiasm for getting invloved.
We will be recruiting through the mag as well so wont be annoucing the identity of the panel for a while, but rest assured will be announced on here first and I will ensure the forum is very well represented