Wales lockdown - no golf?

Gowferdee

Visit site
cant understand why they would shut down golf - was just away to take out winter membership dont think i'll bother as we will be next (scotland)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
cant understand why they would shut down golf - was just away to take out winter membership dont think i'll bother as we will be next (scotland)
So far Scotland has been very evidence lead in their response and have generally let people know what is likely I would be surprised if as an outdoor activity that promotes exercise golf was halted, the most that is likely is restricting who can play in a group possibly to one household.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
In Wales they have been very focused on travel and mixing in any form...so no surprise. There is a clear link to non compliance in certain large towns having an adverse impact, hence the local lockdown start, now it's back to the "March" tactic.

Lets hope it works to slow it down. Mind you, in March many folk were saying it was the first of several lock-downs. So this is no surprise.

(Congratulates self on the post being non-political)

D

Deleted member 15344

Not Good for Wales

Hopefully we still follow the local restrictions- we are currently in a medium risk with very small numbers of infections

A two week lockdown would be a nightmare - especially if they close nurseries - was hard the first time working with daughter at home .