• Yes

Votes: 73 89.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
15 holes would do wonders to reduce the time it takes to play a round of golf. Sounds like a really progressive policy, plus free mars bars for every player, funded by an extra levy on subs at the rich golf club down the road! Hurrah!

Noooo! I'd organise a referendum, which would lead to the opposition making all sorts of promises.... then nothing happens, status quo ensues!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
As a non voter I'd be interested to know what would happen if nationwide only 1M voters turned up at the polls... would it be classed as a 'miss vote'? (ie, is there a minimum turnout level required for a general election)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeh... I'm just going to pop out and organise my climb to PM :rolleyes:

None of the above should be an option an all ballot papers, might call out some non-voters.
So, now you're saying that something should be done to encourage people to vote? Even if that vote is "none of the above"? I agree, I'd rather that, than 34% of the population deciding not to bother. Imagine the power that 34% would have.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately the mob minded learned at school how to write an X

Maybe we'd have a better government if we had to write several pages as to why we are voting for our choice :D

(not to include beer or benefits) :p

are you seriously stating that the "ignorant mob" or "voters" as I like to call them are at fault for the problems in modern society? Are you an advocate of Anarchy a la Russell Brand?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so - the day after - 72 of us said we'd vote and 9 said they wouldn't. Did any of us who were intending to not do so - and did any of the 9 end up voting?

I voted. Did my vote count? - well it didn't count towards Jeremy Hunt's 60% - but it did to my choice's equal best % of the vote since 1983. And it counted to make a three way UKIP/Labour/NHS AP tie for 2nd place. So yes - I feel that my vote made a difference and I am pleased that I participated. 74% turnout not too bad given Tory was a shoe-in with no LibDem candidate.

Last edited: