Volvo China Open

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I've been watching the competition on Sky Sports 3.

A bit of a comedown from the Masters but still some good golf played. Poor Oliver Wilson seems to be self destructing at times, although he's still well up there. Watching him I'd suggest his mental game is faiing, he appears to be getting frustrated with his game.

David Howell finished his round badly finishing on par. Still, a creditable performance.

What I have noticed with todays play though is the smog surrounding the course. It looks like a foggy autumnal days golf.
I have heard that Beijing is permanently surrounded by this smog (much like LA) China has been recently stated as being the world's worst polluter.

Human rights aside, it does like China is trying to provide worldwide events to a decent standard. Cutting down their emmissions would enable the sun to at least break through the smog.

There does seem to be an issue with tee-side and green side photographers snapping away midswing.
Several times the snappers have disturbed the players. Apparently the Chinese photographers are new to golfing events and do not yet understand the "etiquette" aound the course. Perhaps someone should tell them. Several competitors have been put off around the course.