Slow play at The AIG Ladies Open-Carnoustie

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You heard the crowd...nightmare stuff and always worry whether some players can get over such pivotol moments.

D

Deleted member 15344

Doesn’t that mean she now get the women’s Ryder Cup thing automatically now? Who did she kick out?

Sanna Nuutinen was in the last place in the LET rankings but there is only two spaces

4 from the world rankings then 6 !! Captains Picks

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It would appear that DLD made debut at the Women's Open in 1985.
It would also appear that none of the rest of the field who made the cut were even born then.....
A National Treasure (y)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Not only does she know her stuff she's also very funny.

I like her down to earth approach and there some underlying black humour there but I found her constant proclamation of "ohh...shot of the week" quite annoying...must have been at least 4 times today she said it.

Still...nice to watch a major go down to the wire with no real idea of who was going to win until the very end....much better than many tournaments which have generally just drifted off into inevitable conclusions long before the end with no real challenges being made

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Sad we are extolling the virtues of the event in a thread titled in less glowing terms!

That was great stuff all four days. Mixed weather, a tough course and great ball striking all the way through. Scotland Sportsperson of the year sorted right there... I know Andy Murray wins it even when in hospital having his back fixed! :)

Well done girls, all a credit to the game.

D

Deleted member 15344

Up until today it was a hard watch at times , not sure if it was the way they broadcast the event but it seemed like every shot took forever for them to play and it seemed to be lacking something to get people excited about.

Today from when they hit 11th it started to get a bit more exciting and there was some great golf- I don’t think it helped with what looked like smaller grounds or at least the lack of atmosphere coming across via the on course mics

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

Absolute nonsense, it's been enthralling from start to finish.

No not nonsense - just a differing opinion that’s all, you will clearly be a fan of ladies golf but for me it was very hard to watch at many times and I switched over.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Absolute nonsense, it's been enthralling from start to finish.
I'm with you on this Kaz - enjoyed the whole tournament, only down side was they didn't get a day of wind to let Carnoustie show it's teeth - bit annoyed I didn't try earlier to get a ticket and nip along to watch some of it in person