Slow play at The AIG Ladies Open-Carnoustie

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What dimwit thought it would be a good idea to put Kelsey MacDonald-who doesn't mess around time-wise on the course along with a well known slow player-Sarah Schmezel of U.S.A. along with Chloe Williams-again U.S.A....with the result that Kelsey is given the added pressure of 'being on the clock' from the 4th onwards??
Could the rules officials not have taken Schmezel to one side ( or indeed, warn ALL players that slow play 'will not be tolerated-so get your act together') and tell her that SHE and SHE ALONE will be on the clock--and it's her responsibility to keep up with the others in the group, and if she can't then she'll be playing by herself ( with a scorer ) if she falls behind--OH, THE IGNIMONY AND SHAME!
Better still put all the known slowbies out at the end of the field for days 1 & 2--If they can't hack it?...Then tough, goodbye!!

I've said ( ALL players etc.-as a sop to not upsetting any sensitive poor soul who may feel victimised, diddums )
Anybody any thoughts on the standard of play on show??...Personally think we could all learn from watching these girls:whistle:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
What dimwit thought it would be a good idea to put Kelsey MacDonald-who doesn't mess around time-wise on the course along with a well known slow player-Sarah Schmezel of U.S.A. along with Chloe Williams-again U.S.A....with the result that Kelsey is given the added pressure of 'being on the clock' from the 4th onwards??
Could the rules officials not have taken Schmezel to one side ( or indeed, warn ALL players that slow play 'will not be tolerated-so get your act together') and tell her that SHE and SHE ALONE will be on the clock--and it's her responsibility to keep up with the others in the group, and if she can't then she'll be playing by herself ( with a scorer ) if she falls behind--OH, THE IGNIMONY AND SHAME!
Better still put all the known slowbies out at the end of the field for days 1 & 2--If they can't hack it?...Then tough, goodbye!!

I've said ( ALL players etc.-as a sop to not upsetting any sensitive poor soul who may feel victimised, diddums )
Anybody any thoughts on the standard of play on show??...Personally think we could all learn from watching these girls:whistle:
I think the procedure for this event is that initially the group is on the clock until it is determined if one or all are guilty. Then formal warnings and penalties start to come into it.

sunshine

Visit site

Are you Kelsey's dad?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The standard of golf is fantastic.

It's a course I've played lots so know it pretty well and am amazed at the scoring knowing how long it is from the tees they're playing. Just shows the massive gulf in class to these top players. Quite a few holes I've spotted how much further back they are than in comps I've played there and it makes me feel nervous just thinking about it! On the plus side, lots of bunkers I usually drive it into would be out of range! :LOL:

Mind you, I'd quite like to play it when the wind isn't blowing - that would make a big difference! :p
Hey girl....how you doing?? ( poor last night, eh?)
Louise Duncan going well at -3--seen her at KBGC, lovely player!
So, come on-- what would you do with the slowbies?:whistle:
Or am I being a bit too extreme (as usual )

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think the procedure for this event is that initially the group is on the clock until it is determined if one or all are guilty. Then formal warnings and penalties start to come into it.

Sorry, got to question this rationale....THEY know who the quick/ normal players are-- so why are they being pressurised for a known 'slowbie' taking her/their own sweet time because 'It's my job,so tough'...and essentially 'Up yours'!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
These girls are superb players, slow play is on all the tours, unless there is time penalties given and all players aware at the start of tournaments.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hear you, just frustrating at any level, I’m surprised they play so well at the pace they actually play!!
Was only kidding Brian, but your right- maybe they just get used to it/expect it---but still bad example to set ( well, I think!)
Off The Ball now on the crystal set with Tam and Stuart....and LOUISE has just teed off at carnoustie (not biased, but what a swing!!)..Brill-Birdie-Get in there girl(y)
(have walked up for the papers,had brekkie,done the hoovering-now upstairs watching and listening--proves that men can do 2 things at once-maybe even 3?)