Slow play at The AIG Ladies Open-Carnoustie

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Absolute nonsense, it's been enthralling from start to finish.
I've just caught up with the back 9, having been out earlier.
I agree - it was really tense and enjoyable right up to the end.
The course looked fabulous, and the golf was great - having to hit long shots into holes made the strategy and execution really exacting.

D

Deleted member 15344

And your opinion on women's golf is well documented. Don't understand why you feel the need to constantly *** post about it.
?‍♂️

Constantly ? Seriously ? I made one post about a golf event and I have made tbe some sort of observation about many of the mens events over the past. ?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had to switch over to golf when Arsenal-Chelsea came on as I can’t stand watching them. ?

Watched the back nine and was impressed with the quality of the golf played some very brave shots into that par 3 where the pin was tucked behind the bunker.

Good decision to move the tee and make that par 4 driveable.

Impressed with the Scots lass Louise, must have been nerve racking for her at times.

Don’t know what it is about the ladies but their swings look effortless.

First time I’ve watched ladies golf for any length of time and the back nine was exiting

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well bloody hell I was going to post on here how you guys have impressed me with your positive interest in women's golf and foolishly I clicked on "show ignored content" this morning...

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well bloody hell I was going to post on here how you guys have impressed me with your positive interest in women's golf and foolishly I clicked on "show ignored content" this morning...

In fairness I only see three slightly negative comments in the whole thread (4 pages) - original OP on pace of play, a minor comment on Laura Davies commentary and an opinion from LiverpoolPhil that he didn't get into the first three days which he even put down to the TV production rather than players. All of which are perfectly reasonable comments to make if they are their own opinion.

Personally I didn't get to watch enough but thought Sunday was great and the quality of the golfers always impresses me. Would have liked Lydia Ko up there as always amazed with her career, Nelly to have stayed the distance and Danielle Kang seems to have dropped off a bit recently but that's just a player preference point and those contending were great. I just wish I could watch more of the LPGA week to week but can never find appropriate coverage in the UK? Any tips on where others watch as Sky don't cover all events.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

In fairness I only see three slightly negative comments in the whole thread (4 pages) - original OP on pace of play, a minor comment on Laura Davies commentary and an opinion from LiverpoolPhil that he didn't get into the first three days which he even put down to the TV production rather than players. All of which are perfectly reasonable comments to make if they are their own opinion.

Personally I didn't get to watch enough but thought Sunday was great and the quality of the golfers always impresses me. Would have liked Lydia Ko up there as always amazed with her career, Nelly to have stayed the distance and Danielle Kang seems to have dropped off a bit recently but that's just a player preference point and those contending were great. I just wish I could watch more of the LPGA week to week but can never find appropriate coverage in the UK? Any tips on where others watch as Sky don't cover all events.

At least some can see past pre conceived ideas and look at the point I was trying to make

Some LPGA events were on You Tube a while back - not sure if that’s still the case

Some of the golf they played was very good , the chipping was impressive
SO, Phil is on your ignore list?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did you not guess - it’s not like she has mentioned it enough times now ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

I don't mind watching the ladies play...its much more relevant to my game...seeing them hit long irons and hybrids into greens is much more enjoyable than the bomb/gouge stuff some of the blokes play.

I'm constantly encouraged by how far they get the ball out there, even if some of them don't appear to be much taller than their driver....gives me hope that even my middle aged, declining, expanding waistline body might be encouraged to deliver better results than it currently does now.

The one thing that struck me was that how many of the ladies actually seemed to be enjoying what they were doing....yes it was serious, but several played with a smile on their face and seemed to display a different attitude to what the men do where often it seems to be a bit of a chore.

Springveldt

Visit site
Watched about the last 4 hours of the coverage yesterday and thought it was great. Seeing how well they hit their long irons/hybrids was a real eye opener for me. Makes the game much more relatable.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Me and my Mrs went on Sunday. Great day. We've been every year since 2012.

Do you just watch each year or play local courses too? Challenge is always when the events are in Scotland for me as decent travel when family aren't that bothered but Muirfield next year could be good as always wanted to play courses in that area. Just wondered though if that's unrealistic as I expect a lot of fans may be trying to get on the same courses.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Do you just watch each year or play local courses too? Challenge is always when the events are in Scotland for me as decent travel when family aren't that bothered but Muirfield next year could be good as always wanted to play courses in that area. Just wondered though if that's unrealistic as I expect a lot of fans may be trying to get on the same courses.

We play local courses too, though some years it's been close enough for a day trip. we live in the NW, so Hoylake, Lytham and Southport are fairly close. This year we played Kingennie 9 hole on the way up. We stayed in Montrose and were literally next door to the two courses there, so played them both. The medal course nearly killed us!

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't mind watching the ladies play...its much more relevant to my game...seeing them hit long irons and hybrids into greens is much more enjoyable than the bomb/gouge stuff some of the blokes play.

I'm constantly encouraged by how far they get the ball out there, even if some of them don't appear to be much taller than their driver....gives me hope that even my middle aged, declining, expanding waistline body might be encouraged to deliver better results than it currently does now.

The one thing that struck me was that how many of the ladies actually seemed to be enjoying what they were doing....yes it was serious, but several played with a smile on their face and seemed to display a different attitude to what the men do where often it seems to be a bit of a chore.

This.

Watched a lot of it and thoroughly enjoyed it.