Vokey Wedges

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
looking to get new Vokeys.

Was wondering about the durability of the finish on the wedges, anyone have any opinions on the various finishes in terms of performance, durability etc.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They are harder than my MD wedges - over the last year my grooves have bent a bit but in good order - where the softer MD groves have bent a lot more and flattened - thus decreasing grove volume and amount of spin generated - though th eMD spins the ball more than the Vokey.

So the metal is pretty tough - however the finish has been superb with no chiping or rust spots (matt silver colour) playing buddies have the oil can wedges and they love them - IMHO they are a good robust wedge - just a bit heavy for my liking.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Vokey wedges are the dogs danglies of the wedge world.I have 3 in the bag,all have the oil can finish,which will rust if left to do so.Mine are a dullish silver colour now.I simply use a household scourer (gently) to clean any rust or water spots,rain water will rust the finish much quicker than tap water,so unless you want a rusty finish give them a wipe with your towel when its wet.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just after buying a 58 to replace my 6 year old 56 so I think they last a while. The grooves on my old one are still pretty ok. They are heavier than a lot of wedges which is why I like them but that is down to personal preference, but the MD wedges are fantastic but sadly I just find them too light.

inthecup

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As said above, heavier than other wedges. I struggle a little with my 48 & 52 (seem to pull them a lot) but the 56 & 60 are perfect. All in all really good wedges would highly recommend.

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a 52*, 56* and a 60* in my bag currently and they are the best wedge set I have used.

Fair enough I am biased towards anything Titleist related but for quality apart from Cleveland and TM I don't think you can buy better.

Mine are the Oil Can and my Sunday roll up call them my bandit clubs as they are rusted perfectly and work 9/10.

They have a good solid feel and great spin.

I feel though that wedges are like putters it's such a big part of the game you need to experiment with different types, lofts and bounce until you are comfortable and satisfied.

SG86

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have 3 Vokeys and love them. I have just replaced my 58* one as it was starting to wear and the extra spin with the new one is frightening. As I use the 58* most of all the wedges it probably will pay to change it every 2 years or so. In the Luke Donald video that is on the Golf Monthly page he says he changes wedges every couple of months!

Chris

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Luke Donald changes his every couple of months as he plays a lot more golf than any of us...and he doesn't pay for his clubs.
Agree that Vokeys are the "Dugz Bawz" but I recentl moved from a 50/56 Vokey split to a 52/58 split on black MD's.

Two reasons :
I wasnt needing my 50, and the loftier splt now gove me more options ( as my PW is a 46)

Second reason is that Duluce Golf delivered the two brand new MD's to my door for £68 all in. At that price, I can now I can afford to replace wedges every other year.

The MD's are great value !!