Island Green clothing

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wondering has anyone here any experience of using this brand.
Seen a few bits online that look good value for price.
Just wondering about quality? And sizing fit, true to size etc?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I would be interested to know in which country or countries the factories are that make these clothes, and if possible, who owns those factories.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would be interested to know in which country or countries the factories are that make these clothes, and if possible, who owns those factories.
I can pretty much guarantee that they will be made in China, along with most golf clothing.

They will be made in anonymous factories, owned by Chinese businessmen that you will never have heard of.

It's how it's been for 15 odd years or more. Cheap labour, cheap production 🤷🏻‍♂️

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have been given a fair bit of Island Green stuff over the years when marshalling. I think they buy stuff in and add their own logo. As a result the quality can be very variable. Some Ok but some really poor. Thus you pays your money and hope for the best.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I see Island Green as a kind of 'cheap and cheerful' brand. Wouldn't expect them to last forever. Sort of golf equivalent to Sondico for football, or Slazenger gear for golf/other. Does the job at a low price if you don't want to spend more.

D

Deleted member 35599

2 shirts, 1 jacket. No issues over a few years. Not for the fashion conscious imo.

TKMaxx online has lots of IG stuff for sale at the moment. Probably a high volume manufacturer and that means that "sale" prices are possibly quite common, so TKMx might actually be more expensive than your local golf shop. Buyer beware, especially where TKM is concerned.