Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’ve just come into the ownership of the following:

Ping Zing
Ping Anser 2
Ping Anser
Ping IA

Any value at all? They all look like they’re in great condition.. just gifted to me but some are on eBay for thousands. Surely not ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Ping Zing
Ping Anser 2
Ping Anser
Ping IA

Any value at all? They all look like they’re in great condition.. just gifted to me but some are on eBay for thousands. Surely not ?

Sorry, only just seen this.
Some are valuable but you'll need to give me more info, a picture of the back of the heads showing all the writing would be most helpful.

The 1A is one of the first and could be pretty valuable.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Sorry, only just seen this.
Some are valuable but you'll need to give me more info, a picture of the back of the heads showing all the writing would be most helpful.

The 1A is one of the first and could be pretty valuable.

Ill see what I can do! I tried to send a picture but the file was too big for me to upload! Appreciate the help!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ping Zing
Ping Anser 2
Ping Anser
Ping IA

A lot of these about and even the 1A are pretty common - the real collector items are those stamped Slazenger and Nicklaus o the sole, so if you have one of these they can be worth a few hundred pounds

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Trying a couple of different uploads here!

Attachments

• 3CB203C3-3F0E-494C-9935-656A68B377A8.jpeg
    3CB203C3-3F0E-494C-9935-656A68B377A8.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 92028F7B-0BF1-46BF-9C07-EEAA8F131582.jpeg
    92028F7B-0BF1-46BF-9C07-EEAA8F131582.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Trying a couple of different uploads here!

The 1-A is the nicest most collectable and should sell for around £75 to £125 depending on the grip and overall condition.
The Ping Zing and Anser 2 should sell for around £25 to £50 each, depending on the grip and overall condition, maybe a little more being left hand models.
I can't make out the writing on the Anser but it looks to be a newer version so around £25 to £35.

Chico84

Visit site
I’ve got a few clubs that might be of interest. I think I got them in a jumble sale years ago and they’ve just been sitting in the shed since. I’d love to k is a bit more about them if anyone has any information.

The first is a ‘Pinsplitter’ wedge. This still works pretty well and I put it into play on the odd round for a bit of fun.

The next is a three Iron that doesn’t really have many identifying features. It is tiny and well beyond my capabilities to hit well.

Finally an 8iron from a set I have (minus the 6 and 7 irons). Clearly much more modern but I’d be interested to know if anyone could identify the club as I’ve had no joy on the internet.

Attachments

• 423B3D8C-8224-4D1A-B967-E788E6194AEF.jpeg
    423B3D8C-8224-4D1A-B967-E788E6194AEF.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 13
  • AFCED8D3-1ECE-427A-8885-3B9E85FA8E34.jpeg
    AFCED8D3-1ECE-427A-8885-3B9E85FA8E34.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 0C3FB482-2404-4BE6-A086-5F919C5A98EC.jpeg
    0C3FB482-2404-4BE6-A086-5F919C5A98EC.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 15

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I’ve got a few clubs that might be of interest. I think I got them in a jumble sale years ago and they’ve just been sitting in the shed since. I’d love to k is a bit more about them if anyone has any information.

The first is a ‘Pinsplitter’ wedge. This still works pretty well and I put it into play on the odd round for a bit of fun.

The next is a three Iron that doesn’t really have many identifying features. It is tiny and well beyond my capabilities to hit well.

Finally an 8iron from a set I have (minus the 6 and 7 irons). Clearly much more modern but I’d be interested to know if anyone could identify the club as I’ve had no joy on the internet.

The Pinsplitter name was used by George Nicoll for many years, I'd guess yours dates from around the 1950s but if you could show the face and shaft I could be more accurate.

I can't help much with the other two. The 3 iron looks to be a similar date to the Pinsplitter, the Arrow mark was used by many makers so is hard to be definite with.
The Tour 2000 is a general cavity back head style offered by large and small companies, I'd guess 1990s.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The 1-A is the nicest most collectable and should sell for around £75 to £125 depending on the grip and overall condition.
The Ping Zing and Anser 2 should sell for around £25 to £50 each, depending on the grip and overall condition, maybe a little more being left hand models.
I can't make out the writing on the Anser but it looks to be a newer version so around £25 to £35.

Thanks very much for your help crow! Much appreciated

Chico84

Visit site
The Pinsplitter name was used by George Nicoll for many years, I'd guess yours dates from around the 1950s but if you could show the face and shaft I could be more accurate.

I can't help much with the other two. The 3 iron looks to be a similar date to the Pinsplitter, the Arrow mark was used by many makers so is hard to be definite with.
The Tour 2000 is a general cavity back head style offered by large and small companies, I'd guess 1990s.

That’s brilliant. Thanks for the information. I’ve attached a few pictures of the Pinsplitter face and shaft. It has a label on it that I think says, ‘True Temper Rocker’ or ‘Rocket’.

Attachments

• 311A6B88-5B4E-401B-8867-B3FD4E53EE6C.jpeg
    311A6B88-5B4E-401B-8867-B3FD4E53EE6C.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 10
  • BE6BFAEA-073A-4126-B03A-64B40BBC8DC8.jpeg
    BE6BFAEA-073A-4126-B03A-64B40BBC8DC8.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 10

sunshine

Visit site
It's like antiques roadshow!

I have a Wilson TPA XIII putter, same model Faldo used to win the Masters I believe. I've heard they are collectors items now.

It's a lovely putter and I would like to put it in play again, but to feel comfortable for me I would want to take a couple of inches off the shaft and put a new grip on. But I'm guessing it's only a collectors item with the original grip :(

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have a Wilson TPA XIII putter, same model Faldo used to win the Masters I believe. I've heard they are collectors items now.

It's a lovely putter and I would like to put it in play again, but to feel comfortable for me I would want to take a couple of inches off the shaft and put a new grip on. But I'm guessing it's only a collectors item with the original grip :(
Unfortunately, these are still pretty common and so not particularly valuable - certainly less than £30. The design was actually developed by TaylorMade and the Wilson bought the rights - these tend to be a little more desirable as it was a TM one that Faldo used to win the masters..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
That’s brilliant. Thanks for the information. I’ve attached a few pictures of the Pinsplitter face and shaft. It has a label on it that I think says, ‘True Temper Rocker’ or ‘Rocket’.

That confirms my original thoughts, the green True Temper Rocket band was used in the 1950s and the long ferrule also indicates an older club.

I've got a couple of sets of these myself, one is 3 to wedge and the other 2 to wedge.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

ADB has summed up the desirability of these. The TaylorMade version is the rarer. (I think it was the XVIII that Faldo used)

There are more than enough out there for you not to worry about shortening the length and adapting to your preference.

Chico84

Visit site
That confirms my original thoughts, the green True Temper Rocket band was used in the 1950s and the long ferrule also indicates an older club.

I've got a couple of sets of these myself, one is 3 to wedge and the other 2 to wedge.

Thanks Crow, it’s great to hear the history of these clubs.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking of finally completing my set by getting some Hogan woods to go alongside my Hogan Apex II's, so anyone got anything for sale before I go on the bay.

Is stiff flex type 4?