Video Request

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys / Girls

A good friend of mine whilst returning from a golfing trip to Portugal, sadly took a stroke 10 minutes into the flight home. He's now lying in his hospital bed and apart from movement in his left arm, and vision in 1 eye, he is in a bad way and I just want to help in anyway I can.

Bobby is golf mad and spent most of his retirement either playing golf or walking around the golf course caddying for players and this condition is obviously a life changing event for him and his family.

To help with his rehabilitation , whilst he's in hospital I am looking for any golfing dvd's that anyone may have, ideally coaching dvd's, but the odd film would probably help. These dvd's may help to stimulate his brain and give us all a little bit to cling to in a hope that he will make some recovery.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

Thanks Phil

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi Guys / Girls

A good friend of mine whilst returning from a golfing trip to Portugal, sadly took a stroke 10 minutes into the flight home. He's now lying in his hospital bed and apart from movement in his left arm, and vision in 1 eye, he is in a bad way and I just want to help in anyway I can.

Bobby is golf mad and spent most of his retirement either playing golf or walking around the golf course caddying for players and this condition is obviously a life changing event for him and his family.

To help with his rehabilitation , whilst he's in hospital I am looking for any golfing dvd's that anyone may have, ideally coaching dvd's, but the odd film would probably help. These dvd's may help to stimulate his brain and give us all a little bit to cling to in a hope that he will make some recovery.

Thanks Phil

Sorry to hear that. Sadly I don't have anything that may help but please be sure to pass on the best wishes from everyone on the forum and I hope he makes as full a recovery as possible

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi Guys / Girls

Thanks Phil

Really sorry to hear about your friend and hope he improves

I would possibly suggest the Ryder Cup Films from the last 20 years

D

Deleted member 17920

I have a DVD on the us open, send me a pm with the postage details and I will get it sent over for your friend, I hope he makes a good recovery.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thats sad to hear, I hope he improves.

Youtube is excellent in grouping coaching videos and playing them one after the other non stop- might be a useful way to 'present' to him.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Very sad news, and hope your mate makes a decent recovery.

Have a look on youtube at the Mark Crossfield vlogs, especially when he plays Saunton East in a gale. Lots of banter, and a beautiful very tough course. He also plays Royal North Devon and East Devon.

TaylormadePhil

Assistant Pro
Visit site
thanks for the replies so far guys, regarding youtube videos. wifi is not easily available in the rehabilitation area of the hospital..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi Guys / Girls

Thanks Phil

Ive a TG play your best DVD you can have Phil, hope your mate get better soon