Video of Longniddry Golf Club, East Lothian

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a wee 5 minute effort from the other day. The light was poor towards the end so I stopped videoing after about the 13th.

For those who haven't played the course it really is one worth playing if you're in the area. Oft overlooked by more glamorous names it's a lovely links with some lovely holes, particularly the par 3s. There are 4 of them. NO par 5s though so it's a par 68, standard scratch 71. A few long par 4s to make up for it, particularly the 18th. Decent driver and a decent 5 wood onto the green for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y26cNo1S2k

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A couple of familiar faces there John, is Clarkie still using the awful scotty putter?

nice Vid by the way been past the course a few times always fancied playing, some nice looking parkland holes.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah. I think so, Patrick. It's hard to keep up. He changes equipment like he changes his knickers. Once a month.

There is a parkland feel to some holes. The nicer ones do wander among the trees. The latter holes are more exposed. It is actually a links course though. Definitely more linksy in the summer though.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
You mean Gullane, of course? Or Gillin as the locals say.

You playing 1,2 or 3? Clarkie and I represented Nairn GC against them once. Don't ask. ;-)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just 1 i think, with a couple of guys who are members, but while i'm there and staying overnight may as well get another couple of games in.

T

thecraw

I've played Longniddry twice and really really enjoyed it both times. Some great holes and a good strong test of golf. I liked a lot of the holes in the trees section.