Vice tour balls

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hello everyone

I’m down to my last 2 boxes of DX2 balls and I’m thinking of trying something new

Obviously won’t be for a little while but what are vice tour like?

I read that the drive ones are pretty awful but how does the tour compare to the dx2 etc (a very underated ball imo) I like to use a ball that is a bit different. Everyone I know uses ad333 which always is fun when looking for balls.. so I went for the Wilson staff as no-one uses them

Not interested in the pro etc as I find I’m not good enough to warrant it and it actually ruins my game a bit (find that when I was playing tp5 I played better without them)

Cheers

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hello everyone

I’m down to my last 2 boxes of DX2 balls and I’m thinking of trying something new

Obviously won’t be for a little while but what are vice tour like?

I read that the drive ones are pretty awful but how does the tour compare to the dx2 etc (a very underated ball imo) I like to use a ball that is a bit different. Everyone I know uses ad333 which always is fun when looking for balls.. so I went for the Wilson staff as no-one uses them

Not interested in the pro etc as I find I’m not good enough to warrant it and it actually ruins my game a bit (find that when I was playing tp5 I played better without them)

Cheers

I did a review of the four piece Pro Plus ball and liked it. Actually I didn't think the Drive was that bad (https://youtu.be/vG25eYsZRI0) and think all of the Vice balls are functional depending on your preference. Their Pro Plus definitely stands up to other premium balls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play with the Pro+ and I don’t find any significant difference performance wise from Vice and the only ball I can compare with it is the Bridgestone 330s. But the major thing about them is the bulk buy to get it cheaper then it’s competitors.
I got the trial pack and tried the tour against Srixon 333 tour. I found the 333 spun back to much for my liking where the Vice tour did what it says on the box stick and stop.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try the Project A from TM it's a very good ball for the money.

Double the price so rules it out. I like my dx2 £11.50 a box I can get them for.. the vice tour can get for £13 a box or something so considering a change. Most id go is like £20 a dozen. Tm is £25 just can’t justify it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Try the Project A from TM it's a very good ball for the money.

The Project A is a quality three piece ball. I'm looking at the Project S although it says it's for slower swings and I'm trying to slow mine to a blur so not sure that will be ideal. Another three piece and interesting to see how it'll compare to my ball of choice the AD333 tour. Vice offer the Tour, Pro and Pro Soft as their three piece offerings

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Double the price so rules it out. I like my dx2 £11.50 a box I can get them for.. the vice tour can get for £13 a box or something so considering a change. Most id go is like £20 a dozen. Tm is £25 just can’t justify it

No worries.

Try these, I use the MTB and have found them to be superb. Dean Snell has huge industry influence in the golf ball market.

https://www.snellgolf.uk/shop

The Get Sum ball is £99 for 6 dozen.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I tend to play the Pro plus balls, but swap to tour for winter or if I’m having a day of firing the driver into the trees.

For their price (when bulk bought), I think they’re a decent ball. I actually like the logo, and wouldn’t say they discolour as badly as others sometimes mention.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Online Golf are currently selling Bridgestone E6 for a tenner a dozen, if you don't mind yellow balls. Not the latest model but a bargain.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Online Golf are currently selling Bridgestone E6 for a tenner a dozen, if you don't mind yellow balls. Not the latest model but a bargain.

Used to play the e6 however I heard they were pulling out the uk market (which they did for a bit) so I stopped using them and moved ready for them to leave!

Just ordered 6 dozen snell get sum. They sound right up my street.. lower drives.. yes please

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Didn’t realise snell delivered to the uk now. Interesting this opens up the choice.

Are they better than vice? Heard good things

Personally I find the Snell balls to be better than the Vice. I wasn't convinced on the Vice ball so I went on to a launch monitor and it seemed to back up that I lost distance with it compared to other premium offerings.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Project A is a quality three piece ball. I'm looking at the Project S although it says it's for slower swings and I'm trying to slow mine to a blur so not sure that will be ideal.

I think that means speed through the ball, not backswing speed! 😜

Like you I like the 333 Tour and I really like the Project A

Interested to hear more about the Project X

Oh and to the OP I quite liked the few Vice balls I'd found. Good value for sure 👍

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that means speed through the ball, not backswing speed! 😜

Like you I like the 333 Tour and I really like the Project A

Interested to hear more about the Project X

Oh and to the OP I quite liked the few Vice balls I'd found. Good value for sure 👍

Cheers , I’ve gone for the snell get sum ball in the end £99 delivered seemed a decent price. Should be enough to last a while

Won’t come into play until at least next season as got 2 boxes of Wilson staff left

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers , I’ve gone for the snell get sum ball in the end £99 delivered seemed a decent price. Should be enough to last a while

Won’t come into play until at least next season as got 2 boxes of Wilson staff left

Nice. Heard good things about them too though never tried them. Enjoy 👍

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I would suggest getting hold of a couple of balls of each and trying them yourself.

not everyone is the same and get different results from diff balls TBH.

Ive tried the Vice and the Snell and didn't think much of either, off putter and irons, but not saying others might get on with them.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm a bit of a ball junkie and like to try out all the new offerings. I generally play Pro V1x or TP5x. After those two the best ball I have found is the Snell MTB Black (didn't like the Red, found it very hard) Thought the Vice Pro Plus was OK but not as good. Not tried the Pearl ball yet.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got 5 dozen Vice Pro for christmas, and looking forward to stopping using them. I only find they are lasting 1 round and after are really scratched and discoloured.

Back to ProV1 after these 5 dozen I think....or the Bridgestone Tour B...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I got 5 dozen Vice Pro for christmas, and looking forward to stopping using them. I only find they are lasting 1 round and after are really scratched and discoloured.

Back to ProV1 after these 5 dozen I think....or the Bridgestone Tour B...

I also like the Bridgestone balls. I do recommend that you try the Snell balls. I think they're tremendous.