Varifocals / Contact lenses re-visited

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After playing golf for some time in contact lenses I experimented two weeks ago playing back in my Varifocal glasses and the results were very poor.

I found ball contact not as good and putting suffered

This week popped the contacts back in and went to the range and discovered that things improved very quickly

More so I found that by keeping my chin up more than usual ( something that is near on impossible with varifocals on ) my ball contact was crisper and distance increased, I guess because I was not slowing club head speed down with a slightly fat shot perhaps.

So discovered two things, varifocal glasses suck big time for golf and chin kept up at address make a difference to the ball striking !

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each to their own I suppose. I wear variofocals and have no problems playing them on other than in the rain. Unfortunately contacts are not suitable for me.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i cant play in my varifocals, when i look down at the ball it gets magnified and creates problems for me when putting. I have a pair of fixed focus reactolight distance glasses I use for golf and they are the Dogs.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Had real trouble with these issues some years back and eventually had my eyes lasered and its proven to be the best decision ever. Yes it costs a bit initially but with glasses costing up around £300 I reckon I've saved as well.