vardon grip

the snookster

Hacker
Visit site
Not been back playing long but I developed a painful little finger
My grip is interlocked
So gonna play tomorrow using overlapping vardon grip to see if this makes things more comfortable and perhaps help my game
Any one else made a change for this reason?

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to interlock but when I went for lessons it was the first thing the Pro changed, switching me to the Vardon due to my big ham fists.

Never encountered any pain when interlocking though just a brutal slice :whoo:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I did change from interlocking a fair few years ago for more comfort in the grip and had absolutely no trouble in doing so. Every now and again I hit a few with balls with the old grip at the range to see if it's better, but it never is.

the snookster

Hacker
Visit site
Im 50 but ive never had any trouble with arthritis but doesn't appear like I'm gripping it too tight but hurts like hell for a couple of days with no golf then its fine again

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It could be that your clubs are too heavy for you or you might have a violent transition from backswing to downswing.

Do you have any premature wear marks on your glove?

the snookster

Hacker
Visit site
The glove is fine
Could well be my swing I've only just started playing again and trying to rebuild a swing after 5years away from golf

It could be that your clubs are too heavy for you or you might have a violent transition from backswing to downswing.

Do you have any premature wear marks on your glove?