On Course Persona

sjw

Visit site
Opposite for me I think. I love playing golf with her, but it's kind of annoying when I fat a wedge short of the green and she says great shot because it went straight and on the fairway. Or leave a chip 15 feet short and she says great shot because it's on the green. :LOL:
Sounds like she manages her expectations better than you 😉

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm just a Grumpy Old Man and if I've hit a stinker ill let everyone know.....
If I hit a good one I accept that it's the norm and move on....
Grumpy is as Grumpy does....

Jason.H

Visit site
I’m always on an even keel. Never get too high or low. I do notice most people go quieter than they normally are during matchplay.
I might fist pump an eagle (rare) or swear at double but that’s normal right.

RichA

Visit site
Apart from the occasional, "Come on d1ckhead", to myself if I'm having a stinker, I only really get animated when I'm playing in scrambles and one of us chips in or drains a long pressure putt, when there'll be a "Boom" and some back slapping.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Generally I accept the good and bad without any real difference, but today I duffed a 7 iron into the 4th and whacked the ground with the club in annoyance - very rare for me.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I play for the enjoyment of the game.
I consider how my behaviour might affect the enjoyment of the game for those I'm playing with.

Generally, I think I'm better behaved on the golf course than anywhere else.
Golf has etiquette standards.

I'm not a perfect being, however.
I do mutter quietly to myself after a poor shot - others do not need to hear those words - occasionally they might come out a little louder than they should.
I've never abused my clubs etc - they are loved ones and dear to me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Does yours change depending on who you're playing with or what golf you're playing (i.e comp, social etc)

I've noticed that I'm far more likely to let my disappointment show after a bad shot when I'm just out for a social game with my wife than I would when playing with unknowns/folks I regularly play with/comps etc

Not sure if this makes me two (or three) faced :oops: (I'm not seeking opinions on this!)

Are you the same person regardless or does your personality/behaviour have different 'faces' when things are going badly/well given who else you're playing with
BIB - well you know what they say…If it wasn’t for marriage we’d have to argue with strangers.🙄🤣