using quote properly

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction of using the quote button properly? If you only want to quote a particular line of text from a post how do you do it. I seem to get the full text when I use quote.
Thanks guys.

B

birdieman

You're doing it right but you have to simply delete the part of the quote you dont want.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you only want to quote a particular line of text from a post how do you do it.

I was wondering the same thing, thanks for raising it Drawboy :)

Have I done it correctly? :D

Golfmmad.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite it seems, how do you get it in the box as a normal quote? Sorry if I'm pinching your post Drawboy :)

Golfmmad.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
put [ quote ] before the start of the text you want to quote, and [ /quote ] after it (without the spaces).

Thanks for reply Region3, sorry if I'm being thick but you'll have to be more explicit :D me and computers, :D

Golfmmad.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't worry If you never learn. I use the function often I struggle as well

Click on the "Quote" tab rather than the "Reply" tab. You will see ...

"quote" in square brackets at the beginning of the poster's text and "/quote" in square brackets at the end.

Just delete or edit any text you don't want between the "quotes", as in the example above.

Simples. :D

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep it worked for me, I now just click Quote as usual and backspace the text I don't want then press the enter button at the end of the text and type away from there. Thanks everyone for the help.