US Open qualifying at Walton Heath

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I went last year and saw some great golf from well known players, really close up. Take a look in the pro shop too as they had a very good sale on.

TomTom

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I thought they were trying to make golf more interesting these days - music, bars, decent food etc? Not just golf surely? Are there any decent players there?

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I thought they were trying to make golf more interesting these days - music, bars, decent food etc? Not just golf surely? Are there any decent players there?

Are there any decent players there :rofl:
Click on "click here for 2016 draw sheet
http://www.waltonheath.com/tournaments/usopen.aspx
And you'll be able to see tour and major winners that compete in this qualy event.

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

no decent players at all.

Last year me and about ten others went a few holes with some bloke called Thomas Pieters. Never heard of him again.

In my experience, it's better to get there early, as the afternoon groupings are often missing guys who don't think that they're in the mix.

IMHO it's the best golf spectating of the year.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Some are at wentworth but a lot go to Walton Heath if they haven't qualified
I've followed olazabal, Harrington, Lowry so they do get some decent players turn up

TomTom

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Some are at wentworth but a lot go to Walton Heath if they haven't qualified
I've followed olazabal, Harrington, Lowry so they do get some decent players turn up

Surel Wentworth is far better field? And also Status Quo!!!!