US Open qualifying at Walton Heath

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Might go to this.

When you say follow players, are you walking along the fairway behind them etc?

Only ever been to PGA events which are all roped off

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
No ropes - you can walk the fairways but not talk to the players or caddies.

Good day really.

Spot on. I believe you need to treat them with the same respect as if it was roped off but you can certainly get very close to see, and hear, some of the world's best golfers in action.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Parking is easy. There's a big field which has an entrance just before the club. It's all signposted and marshalled. It backs onto the course, so you can dip in straight away or walk round to the starting holes (except the first two or three on the old course which are over the road).

chris3081

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a cunning plan to get there early, watch round one, some of round two and nip down the road to Kingswood to play a twilight mate with a mate who's a member which should let the traffic die away nicely

Played Kingswood for the first time last summer. Very good condition. Then when I played Hunstanton two weeks the pro asked me where I’m from. When I explained Surrey and it turned out he was a pro at Kingswood for many years

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played Kingswood for the first time last summer. Very good condition. Then when I played Hunstanton two weeks the pro asked me where I’m from. When I explained Surrey and it turned out he was a pro at Kingswood for many years

I love it there. Always in good nick (apart from last time when they had treated the greens and they were a disgrace and had it not been a freebie I'd have been wanting a refund. They should have been on temps) Some really tough holes especially 14-16 across the top of the downs and into the wind. Very different to Surrey Downs which is 400 yards down the road and seems far more open (reminds me of the Oxfordshire)