US Open qualifying at Walton Heath

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...top 14 qualify...

If that's the case, there's an interesting playoff coming up! 9 players hunting a single spot!

Oh and last weeks Italian Open winner (1m Euros payday!!) just sneaks in by right in 12/13th place!

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As the 1st round leader, he should have been a 'walk in the park' to qualify! But that's Golf!

Some seriously high pedigree/in form guys missed out -Wade Ormsby & Lee Slattery (and Porridge of course!) for example!

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Sam Horsfield, who is highly rated (Ian Poulter tweets about him a bit) must be spitting feathers. In the lead at -9 with 5 holes left, then finishes bogey, bogey, double, bogey, par to miss automatic qualifying by 2 and the play off by 1.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Talented lad Sam. That's going to hurt for a little while.

Every time I have watched him play on the ET he goes from the sublime to ridiculous. Seems extremely talented but is prone to a few brain farts. Once he gets that under control I can see him contending very regularly.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone see the play off?

was it 9 men taking tee shots? Did they have 9 balls on the green at one point?

I can’t even imagine it :rofl:

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone see the play off?

was it 9 men taking tee shots? Did they have 9 balls on the green at one point?

I can’t even imagine it :rofl:

Believe there were only 8 in the playoff. Sent out as 2 x 4 balls. First group had to wait for the scores of the second group before play continued. 2 birdies, one bogie and rest par.

The 2 players that made birdie then played off for the one spot and the first alternate spot. I decided to leave at that point, having been there since 5am, but would imagine the 5 remaining then played for the second alternate spot.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice to dust off this old thread.
US open qualifiers are back at Walton heath this year - 16th May.
That's the week after the Belgium open. I wonder if the field will be worse than the good old days when it followed Wentworth.
Anyway, it's pretty much the best golf spectating of the year imho, and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't been before.

evemccc

Visit site
Nice to dust off this old thread.
US open qualifiers are back at Walton heath this year - 16th May.
That's the week after the Belgium open. I wonder if the field will be worse than the good old days when it followed Wentworth.
Anyway, it's pretty much the best golf spectating of the year imho, and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't been before.

Excellent - thanks for posting. I’d really fancy this, it appeals to me a lot more than watching pro golf with a packed gallery

99% sure I can’t make that date tho..