Woods /US Open

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I wonder how long before AI/technology will be able to create a Jones/Palmer/Nicklaus/Woods 4 ball (pick your own players) and pit them against each other SIM style to see how they’d compare. Or maybe just to say it can’t be done fairly :unsure:
That sounds like the Rocky v Mason simulation from Rocky Balboa. It prompted Rocky to come out of retirement to prove a point. Maybe Jack would do the same...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
That sounds like the Rocky v Mason simulation from Rocky Balboa. It prompted Rocky to come out of retirement to prove a point. Maybe Jack would do the same...

that's just film/tv

I saw star trek once, next you'll be telling me we'll have doors that open automatically when you walk up to them! :rolleyes:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Woods is the golfer than moved the game forward

He was the Micheal Jordan of golf , he took it up a level and inspired generations of new golfers

And he still moves the needle more than any other golfer , there are millions who will watch an event just because Woods is playing

There is no player right now that comes near him.

Any invites he gets now he deserves for what he did and also achieved in the sport

sunshine

Visit site
Didn’t ‘change the game’ substantially to something it wasn’t originally
He has not changed the game of golf in any way.

I can't think of a single person alive today who has had a greater impact on golf. He's not changed the game single-handedly, but has been the catalyst to some big evolutions in the game.

Professional golf:
Tiger brought a higher level of athleticism and skill to the sport. He brought more money into the game, which increased competition. Golfers today are athletes and the power game we see today was triggered by Tiger.
There's been discussion on this forum recently of Scheffler's dominant form. Let's remember Tiger obliterated the field winning the Masters by 12 shots and the US Open by 15 shots. That is truly dominant, and forced everyone else to up their game.
There is no question Tiger was more appealing to armchair fans than any previous golfer. He brought new fans to the game and took golf mainstream for a while.

Amateur golf:
Tiger made golf cool (at least for a little while). His partnership with Nike changed the perception of golf, broadened it's appeal to new demographics, and ushered in new clothing and footwear styles. We wouldn't have Nike Air Max or Jordan golf shoes without Tiger. Other sportswear brands like Puma, Underarmour etc all followed.

Some older posters still look back fondly at the good old days, pringle jumpers, corduroy trousers and leather soled brogues. No black or ethnic minorities in sight, working class people tolerated if they stick to the artisan section. I'm not saying Tiger is solely responsible for social reform, but he tempted the masses to consider golf as a hobby. For many people, Tiger is golf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I can't think of a single person alive today who has had a greater impact on golf. He's not changed the game single-handedly, but has been the catalyst to some big evolutions in the game.

Professional golf:
Tiger brought a higher level of athleticism and skill to the sport. He brought more money into the game, which increased competition. Golfers today are athletes and the power game we see today was triggered by Tiger.
There's been discussion on this forum recently of Scheffler's dominant form. Let's remember Tiger obliterated the field winning the Masters by 12 shots and the US Open by 15 shots. That is truly dominant, and forced everyone else to up their game.
There is no question Tiger was more appealing to armchair fans than any previous golfer. He brought new fans to the game and took golf mainstream for a while.

Amateur golf:
Tiger made golf cool (at least for a little while). His partnership with Nike changed the perception of golf, broadened it's appeal to new demographics, and ushered in new clothing and footwear styles. We wouldn't have Nike Air Max or Jordan golf shoes without Tiger. Other sportswear brands like Puma, Underarmour etc all followed.

Some older posters still look back fondly at the good old days, pringle jumpers, corduroy trousers and leather soled brogues. No black or ethnic minorities in sight, working class people tolerated if they stick to the artisan section. I'm not saying Tiger is solely responsible for social reform, but he tempted the masses to consider golf as a hobby. For many people, Tiger is golf.
I dont think there is anyone that’s ever got close to a year like this

IMG_7860.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: