US Open betting - any tips?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who are people backing for the US Open then? I'm wondering if Berger is a good each way bet since he just won two comps and Paddy Power have him at 70/1? Might put a quid on Rahm as well to win at 20/1.

I don't watch a lot of golf though to be honest, anyone got any good tips? Who's playing well at the moment?

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A bit boring but I am going to wait until after the cut to make a bet as it is a new course on the rota and no-one quite knows who will fare best with the long bundu either side of the fairway. On paper a good driver will have an advantage, but I want to see that 'shorter' more accurate drivers (such as Kisner, Noren etc) with a solid short game are competitive.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Outside of DJ, I think Justin Rose could have a very good week. Good showing at The Masters, hits it pretty straight, top 15 in strokes gained around the greens and if he can get the flatstick working he could be in with a shout.

Then the guy I go with for most majors is Rickie Fowler, but this year with better reason than normal. Leads the tour in Total Driving, he's top 20 across all strokes-gained categories, 2nd in strokes gained total, 3rd in scoring average, if you're looking for a consistent performer for an each-way bet then Rickie looks a very good option. I think he'll be right up there.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've gone for Duffner, Berger and Grace. I always lose (I mean put) money on Westwood. I have done in every major and if he wins one and I don't put a couple of quid on I will kick myself!

Not sure if Zac Johnson has a good chance as well. Decent odds and a very straight hitter. If he gets his wedges working, he will be in the mix...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Triple-digit players alwats contend at a US Open. Look at Lowry and Piercy last year at 125/1 and 300/1 respectively. Horschel (100/1), Leishman (100/1) and Fitzpatrick (125/1), must have chances.
That's all well and good but there's a fair few to choose from!

I've chucked 50p e/w on Si Woo Kim at 150/1 as well as Rahm and Berger I mentioned above. Just because he looked good when he won the Players last month. Could have been a fluke for all I know but we'll see.

D

Deleted member 18121

I've looked at the people who hit the highest % of fairways.....as that rough looks crazy. So small bets on Kjeldsen, McGirt and Stricker.

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Not much science to mine but I've gone with Matsuyama E/W as a safe bet then Brandon Grace E/Q, couple of quidy on Westy E/W, Fleetwood E/W and Zach Johnson E/W.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've placed 8 BETS with Bet365 paying 1/4 odds for first 6 places.
JOHNSTON £2 EW @15/2
GARCIA £2 EW @25/1
J. ROSE £2 EW @25/1
STENSON £2 EW @30/1
B.GRACE £1 EW @45/1
DUFNER £2 EW @50/1
MICKELSON 50P EW @50/1
J. FURYK 50P EW @250/1

FINGERS CROSSED :whoo: NOT TIPS BTW LOL.

Last edited:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Erin Hills is going to take patience and accuracy,i'm thinking;
Rose 25/1
Day 14/1
Oosthuizen 60/1
Schwartzel 66/1
Furyk 300/1!!:eek::eek: Furyk is the tough course master.

Last edited: