US Masters 2024

samthom99

Visit site
His record is pretty poor at Augusta to be fair. You'd think it would suit him as he can move the ball right to left, but it hasn't been fruitful so far.
It wasnt too long ago when Bryson told us he sees Augusta as a par 67 then went on to completely flop it.

He's a myth that guy. Considering he thinks so highly of himself he's got 1 US Open Major to his name.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wasnt too long ago when Bryson told us he sees Augusta as a par 67 then went on to completely flop it.

He's a myth that guy. Considering he thinks so highly of himself he's got 1 US Open Major to his name.
I say this every time it's brought up but that was taken slightly out of context and overreacted to. Someone asked him about his length and he basically said he can drive one of the par 4s and reach all the par 5s in two, ergo, it's like a par 67, which I think is fair and accurate. He didn't say he was going to go and shoot 67 every day. Anyway, he is coming into it in better form this year so maybe he'll be up there this time. If he can keep his ball in play he should be.

samthom99

Visit site
I say this every time it's brought up but that was taken slightly out of context and overreacted to. Someone asked him about his length and he basically said he can drive one of the par 4s and reach all the par 5s in two, ergo, it's like a par 67, which I think is fair and accurate. He didn't say he was going to go and shoot 67 every day. Anyway, he is coming into it in better form this year so maybe he'll be up there this time. If he can keep his ball in play he should be.
I disagree. He needed the conditions to be in his favour to reach the Par 4 and Par 5's as he said he could and thought he was playing better than he actually was. His comments were disrespectful and his performances that week suffered. With the talent and the hype surrounding him he has flattered to deceive at the Majors. I wonder if team golf is where he really is at.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I disagree. He needed the conditions to be in his favour to reach the Par 4 and Par 5's as he said he could and thought he was playing better than he actually was. His comments were disrespectful and his performances that week suffered. With the talent and the hype surrounding him he has flattered to deceive at the Majors. I wonder if team golf is where he really is at.
“Everybody has a perspective on it. I don't think I regret anything,” DeChambeau said Monday at Augusta National. “What I do understand is that I have a lot of respect for the course. Like people don't think that I ever, because of that statement they think I don't have respect for the course. Are you kidding me? This is one of the greatest golf courses in the entire world, and if anybody thinks I don't have respect for the course, they'd better go check out who I actually am because it's not accurate one bit.”
DeChambeau said 67 every round is “unattainable.” Conversely, with the distance he was hitting it, he felt it was a possibility.
“But that's only with your ‘A’ game, and I should have rephrased that; if you have your ‘A’ game, there's a good chance of being able to do that,” DeChambeau said. “Long story short, I don't want anybody to take it out of context. I just want it to be known for the fact that I have great respect for this course.”

samthom99

Visit site
“Everybody has a perspective on it. I don't think I regret anything,” DeChambeau said Monday at Augusta National. “What I do understand is that I have a lot of respect for the course. Like people don't think that I ever, because of that statement they think I don't have respect for the course. Are you kidding me? This is one of the greatest golf courses in the entire world, and if anybody thinks I don't have respect for the course, they'd better go check out who I actually am because it's not accurate one bit.”
DeChambeau said 67 every round is “unattainable.” Conversely, with the distance he was hitting it, he felt it was a possibility.
“But that's only with your ‘A’ game, and I should have rephrased that; if you have your ‘A’ game, there's a good chance of being able to do that,” DeChambeau said. “Long story short, I don't want anybody to take it out of context. I just want it to be known for the fact that I have great respect for this course.”
He said he can reach those Par 5's in 2 no problem. He didnt caveat it with a "only if the conditions are right and he's on his A game". He then only clarified his comment after he failed.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The difference for Koepka is that he was in red hot form going into the 2023 tournament - he doesn't look to be at that level this year so I don't think he'll be up there.

That said, it's Koepka and he's a Major machine.

He is Mr. Major - point to prove after letting it slip last year, dangerous player!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He said he can reach those Par 5's in 2 no problem. He didnt caveat it with a "only if the conditions are right and he's on his A game". He then only clarified his comment after he failed.
Well that's correct though isn't it? He obviously can reach all the par 5s. He hits it really far.

Anyway, keep hating him if you like it's no skin off my nose. It's just a bugbear of mine when people get taken out of context by the media and their leading questions.

samthom99

Visit site
Well that's correct though isn't it? He obviously can reach all the par 5s. He hits it really far.

Anyway, keep hating him if you like it's no skin off my nose. It's just a bugbear of mine when people get taken out of context by the media and their leading questions.
Only when conditions suit......

I dont hate him. He came across cocky and it was great to see him fail. Had he actual done what he said he thought he could do i would've tipped my cap to him.

His record at Augusta is abysmal in comparison to how good he thinks he is.

2018 T34
2019 T29
2020 T34
2021 T46
2022 MC
2023 MC

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In order of preference I would like to see win

Tiger
Rorry
Fleetwood
Scheffler
Homa
Åburg

I can’t see past Scheffler easing away from the field all week and finishing 5 shots ahead. I hope we get an exciting finish.

Tiger will probably only play 27 holes.
Rory will probably back door a top 10.
Fleetwood isn’t really good enough, neither is Homa.

I would be very happy to see Bryson MC along with a few others.

Koepka will probably find a way to compete as he usually does.

Mandofred

Visit site
Only when conditions suit......

I dont hate him. He came across cocky and it was great to see him fail. Had he actual done what he said he thought he could do i would've tipped my cap to him.

His record at Augusta is abysmal in comparison to how good he thinks he is.

2018 T34
2019 T29
2020 T34
2021 T46
2022 MC
2023 MC
Yeah....he's ONLY won 1 major (by 6 shots).....what a loser😱(huge amounts of sarcasm). Almost all those top golfers are cocky as hell, some act better than others. You hate the guy.....you even say you are glad he failed....for some reason he gets up your nose. You have the right to that opinion. I've always been an anti-Tiger person....I just don't like the guy. I don't watch golf though....after a few minutes I want to do almost anything else.....even yard work.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

To be fair, the majority of the field can hit all the par 5s in 2 ..

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well Rory will be glad to know that for the first time in years, he’s not my top pick, might help him!

Struggling to look past Scottie and possibly Clark. Clark for the reason that he’s a wounded animal in great form.

From the Liv contingent it would be Koepka, he just loves the big tournaments and usually raises his game accordingly.

I’d love Tommy to win it.