US Masters 2024

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fair, the majority of the field can hit all the par 5s in 2 ..
Agreed! Practically every pro player is disappointed with a par on par 5s these days, Bryson didn't really say anything that the rest of them won't have been thinking.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Its fine for me, in the same way as The Open is often referred to as The British Open by many outside Britain (esp those in the US)
The Masters is/can be the US Masters for many outside North America

Nahhhh not for me! We call ours the British Masters don't we?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its fine for me, in the same way as The Open is often referred to as The British Open by many outside Britain (esp those in the US)
The Masters is/can be the US Masters for many outside North America
On the Bet365 app it says US Masters. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
How many golfers have posted scores accumulating to less than 120 shots on consecutive competition days.
The list won’t be very long but I can tell you one player who is on it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How many golfers have posted scores accumulating to less than 120 shots on consecutive competition days.
The list won’t be very long but I can tell you one player who is on it.

That's a bit of a loaded question isn't it. Basically write the question to fit a stat (albeit a good stat) & not really the whole tournament score

anyway, in answer to your question I believe Rory achieved that feat (& better) at the 2013 Honda Classic (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a bit of a loaded question isn't it. Basically write the question to fit a stat (albeit a good stat) & not really the whole tournament score

anyway, in answer to your question I believe Rory achieved that feat (& better) at the 2013 Honda Classic (y)
Eh?

1710940337911.png

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
He shot 112 strokes for the two consecutives days, of course he only managed to play 27 holes ;)

But I was only giving a loaded answer to a loaded question :p

Why is pointing out Bryson has the quality to shoot 119 over two days a loaded question?
I don’t think he’ll win but he clearly has the ability to contend if he’s on his game.

Visit site
Bryson’s comments about par 67 were only outrageous because I’ve never know anyone to drive the 3rd green at Augusta… Has it actually ever been done?

Par 68 would have been fair game imo

I try to eat the par 5s alive at Hindhead and Blackmoor because they’re really par 4.5s - the only “if” is if the driver is going straight, but for any scratch golfer they are not seeing them as par 5s at all. However if you don’t find the fairway, you’re not making a 4… Much the same as a par 4 really!

And Bryson was missing a lot of fairways around the time of those comments. I distinctly remember him hitting it off the face of the planet left on 11 at Augusta that year 😂

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Why is pointing out Bryson has the quality to shoot 119 over two days a loaded question?
I don’t think he’ll win but he clearly has the ability to contend if he’s on his game.

I like him and there are many attributes and qualities to his game but no matter how low he shot, picking out a random combined two day score to illustrate the talent he undoubtedly has to win a 4 day tournament probably isn’t the most apt or relevant i.e if you pick days 1&2 instead of 2&3 then the figure is 129 so its just setting the question (loaded) to suit a narrative. By that logic the fella that got three eagles in about 14 holes would be a shoe in

He shot (an excellent) 187 for the tournament

samthom99

Visit site
Yeah....he's ONLY won 1 major (by 6 shots).....what a loser😱(huge amounts of sarcasm). Almost all those top golfers are cocky as hell, some act better than others. You hate the guy.....you even say you are glad he failed....for some reason he gets up your nose. You have the right to that opinion. I've always been an anti-Tiger person....I just don't like the guy. I don't watch golf though....after a few minutes I want to do almost anything else.....even yard work.
No i don't nor does he get up my nose. After his stupid Par 67 comments, i was glad he failed because he set himself up to fail and i thought it was quite funny. He thought he could just bulk up overpower Augusta like he did to win his 1 and only major. Augusta demamds a lot more respect than that.

samthom99

Visit site
Bryson’s comments about par 67 were only outrageous because I’ve never know anyone to drive the 3rd green at Augusta… Has it actually ever been done?

Par 68 would have been fair game imo

I try to eat the par 5s alive at Hindhead and Blackmoor because they’re really par 4.5s - the only “if” is if the driver is going straight, but for any scratch golfer they are not seeing them as par 5s at all. However if you don’t find the fairway, you’re not making a 4… Much the same as a par 4 really!

And Bryson was missing a lot of fairways around the time of those comments. I distinctly remember him hitting it off the face of the planet left on 11 at Augusta that year 😂
When you fail is it down to conditions or ability??;)

Fore Right

Visit site
I guess we will know the Liv guys form after their event in Miami the week before.

Koepka just seems to flick the switch when he pegs it up at the Majors.