Unsubmitted score

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
is it just me that wonders what @Orikoru would do in this situation :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He would sent a personal memo to Rulefan, WJE Mather, Jim8Flog, Salford Lad, Colin L, Michael J Chapman and Rulie. Take a general consensus of opinion, contact The Secretary/ Committee of his home Club and The Away Club, write to England Golf and The R and A.
After receiving all the responses he would come to the conclusion that “stuff it” and the WHS index is correct or something similar.

I really hope you are not picking on him due to where Spurs finished the season compared to a team that should have had it sorted by early May!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We've just had an issue with the system
CVG put his card in through the PSI, put the card in the box as normal and retired to the bar.
We checked the App to see if either scores would make changes to our HI....no change.
The next day he gets an email saying he's going to get a penalty score as he hasn't returned a card from the day before.
We both saw it on the App but when we looked yesterday it wasn't showing.?.
Into the office today and they had to rummage through about 300 cards to find his, re-enter the scores and fix it...
Its now showing.....
A glitch in the Matrix somewhere........

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whatever IG or My England Golf says my handicap is, that's what it is. ??‍♂️ Ask no questions, hear no lies.
Joking apart this is surely the answer. I played in an open last weekend and when booking in on the day in the club I simply opened the EG app and showed them my official HI. That's it, don't try to be clever about it. The system tells you your handicap, don't try to fight it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joking apart this is surely the answer. I played in an open last weekend and when booking in on the day in the club I simply opened the EG app and showed them my official HI. That's it, don't try to be clever about it. The system tells you your handicap, don't try to fight it.
Even if there's a round missing or whatever there's no way I'm doing the maths, would take me about half an hour. The app is king as far as I'm concerned.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
CVG put his card in through the PSI, put the card in the box as normal and retired to the bar.
We checked the App to see if either scores would make changes to our HI....no change.
The next day he gets an email saying he's going to get a penalty score as he hasn't returned a card from the day before.
Into the office today and they had to rummage through about 300 cards to find his, re-enter the scores and fix it...
Its now showing.....

Quite a common occurrence here - player keys in all his scores, checks they are correct and fails to press the "Submit" button. The culprit usually denies it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Quite a common occurrence here - player keys in all his scores, checks they are correct and fails to press the "Submit" button. The culprit usually denies it.
I guess that happens quite frequently bit would the score appear on the App?
His definitely did as I checked to see if it would affect his Index....
His score appeared then disappeared....

IanMcC

Visit site
I guess that happens quite frequently bit would the score appear on the App?
His definitely did as I checked to see if it would affect his Index....
His score appeared then disappeared....
Worth trawling through the Activity Log of the comp to check what is registered there.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Confused dot come. Only read page one but, if this was a qualifying comp and was set up correctly, as soon as the score was entered in a matter of minutes, the persons WHS DB record would be updated more or less immediately (without PCC obviously) and would show on the individuals record and be updated the next day. The comp doesn’t need closing.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
if this was a qualifying comp and was set up correctly, as soon as the score was entered in a matter of minutes, the persons WHS DB record would be updated more or less immediately (without PCC obviously) and would show on the individuals record and be updated the next day. The comp doesn’t need closing.
How would this happen? Scores are only sent to the WHS DB after midnight.

IanMcC

Visit site
How would this happen? Scores are only sent to the WHS DB after midnight.
Not the case in Wales either. The scores are sent immediately, but the handicap adjustments don't happen until the next day. I'm a bit shocked that you don't know this, to be honest. Im really not being cheeky here, but do you still play golf, rulefan? Scores have been sent immediately since day 1 of changeover.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In rules terms, you can't be playing off the wrong handicap if you are playing off what the WHS record says is your handicap.

One thing that puzzles me, though, is why you refer to the error's being caused by IT. Was it not caused by human error in inputting the score? ;)
The IT issue was that as I was entering my score in the clubhouse using the IG App I spotted after some time and what appeared to be some inconsistent behaviour in the app, that I was losing then regaining internet connectivity. At one point I spotted that I'd entered the wrong score for a hole - I corrected the error but my correction was not saved as just at that point internet connectivity went down. The scorecard locally on my device looked correct, but it hadn't been saved properly. I then saved the completed card - thinking I was saving the corrected card that I could see on my device, but I saved the uncorrected one that had been saved back to the server when connectivity was up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Its now showing.....
Ah - but when you saw it on the App had it actually been saved back to the server - or had internet connectivity temporarily been lost (for whatever reason) and so what you saw was NOT what was saved to the server.