Unsubmitted score

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not the case in Wales either. The scores are sent immediately, but the handicap adjustments don't happen until the next day. I'm a bit shocked that you don't know this, to be honest. Im really not being cheeky here, but do you still play golf, rulefan? Scores have been sent immediately since day 1 of changeover.
I don't use either the IG or EG app. My club uses V1. To the best of my knowledge that is an overnight upload. Once I have entered my score I don't look at WHS.

NearHull

Visit site
I don't use either the IG or EG app. My club uses V1. To the best of my knowledge that is an overnight upload. Once I have entered my score I don't look at WHS.
Club V1 uplifts the WHS data base immediately. The WHS portal then predicts what the HI will be tomorrow, even though the PCC is ‘missing’. The individual’s WHS App remains unchanged until the overnight uplift.
I often get asked by members what the impact of their good score will be tomorrow, but I have to caveat the answer with the point ‘but the PCC is unknown‘.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought Clubv1 uploaded scores immediately but it is certainly same day before midnight when the WHS calculations on the day's scores begin.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to use the EG app when you want current info, Proprietary software only updates after midnight. Obviously your HC committee didn’t go through the EG briefly info sent out prior to WHS where the benefits of the EG app were explained.

My personal opinion is that there were HC committees out there that didn’t really do enough to inform members prior to the release of the new system.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to use the EG app when you want current info, Proprietary software only updates after midnight. Obviously your HC committee didn’t go through the EG briefly info sent out prior to WHS where the benefits of the EG app were explained.

My personal opinion is that there were HC committees out there that didn’t really do enough to inform members prior to the release of the new system.
Why would my committee want to know all about the EG app? We use V1/HDID. I works fine.

But your statement conflicts with NearHull's #62 "Club V1 uplifts the WHS data base immediately. "

DickInShorts

Visit site
You calculate a new one - as best you can as you will not know any PCC - however as a PCC seems to be a rare thing I think you'll be OK.

You may well know how to calculate it but here is what I myself have done for me for tomorrow.

Today I played a course with a CR of 70.3 and a Slope of 127. I scored 79. My differential for today will be (79-70.3)*113/127 = 7.74

This is better than my current worst of my 'eight best/counting' scores which is 9.0. So my 7.74 will count and I will discard the 9.0. To determine the change to my HI I calculate (9.0-7.74)/8 = 0.1575

So my current HI of 8.8 is reduced by 0.1575 so becomes 8.64 which rounds down to 8.6 - my new HI (note - I am only assuming I round down - I am not 100% sure on that - I think that I am OK with the rest of my calc)

I only read the first three pages but this caught my attention

Sorry but this way of calculating your new Index is not correct as I found out when I had hit my soft cap.

You need to restart the calculation from scratch by taking your ‘new’ 8 best scores as there will have been rounding in the calculation of your previous 8 best scores

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why would my committee want to know all about the EG app? We use V1/HDID. I works fine.

But your statement conflicts with NearHull's #62 "Club V1 uplifts the WHS data base immediately. "

Perhaps because as you have proven, you have no idea what extras the EG App has over anything the proprietary software gives.

How do you or club players input away scores?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

WHS software only updates after midnight too. The indication of the recalculation of your HI at the time of submitting the score is provisional (on the SG app it's italicised) but the actual update isn't available till after midnight and could differ from the provisional figure. But if anyone wants immediate knowledge of the likely effect of their score, you're right of course that they have to go to the national authority's app. It's a free choice, though.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
WHS software only updates after midnight too. The indication of the recalculation of your HI at the time of submitting the score is provisional (on the SG app it's italicised) but the actual update isn't available till after midnight and could differ from the provisional figure. But if anyone wants immediate knowledge of the likely effect of their score, you're right of course that they have to go to the national authority's app. It's a free choice, though.
Agree but it does give more info than HDID and the other bolt on software being used especially if you are someone that plays a lot of away comps.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree but it does give more info than HDID and the other bolt on software being used especially if you are someone that plays a lot of away comps.

Absolutely. I was, as usual, being pernickety. I think the SG app is a good bit of kit, saves handicap committees a great deal of work and provides members with a far faster service than before. To be able to return a score from your own club, a club just down the road or a club anywhere else in the world on your phone still amazes me.

Swango1980

Visit site
MyEG is a lot better than HDID (not used HDID since relatively recent updates). If you and partner are submitting scores, you can put all scores in MyEG hole by hole, it updates points. Can put guests in the group as well, so it very much becomes the scorecard. If someone makes a mistake in score input, it notifies the other person that you should both check the score entered for a particular hole. Of course, there is also the large benefit it can be used for away courses.

At start of WHS I always used HDID. However, my first choice is always MyEG now, and I just check the new Score Diff after the round, compare to my Scoring history, and get a pretty quick idea about how my handicap will change the following day.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

Absolutely. I was, as usual, being pernickety. I think the SG app is a good bit of kit, saves handicap committees a great deal of work and provides members with a far faster service than before. To be able to return a score from your own club, a club just down the road or a club anywhere else in the world on your phone still amazes me. To put in a general play score and see it effective the next day is a world away from your supplementary card sitting on a desk until an overworked volunteer handicap secretary found the time to process it. And let's not mention the cards that ended up in a drawer in the pro shop and didn't even reach that desk.....

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The change may be made in the app or local ISV system but the link to the WHS doesn't take place until overnight.

Given my comment above I would guess it is all sorted out when the data hits the WHS.

The ISV systems only speak to the WHS overnight and have no handicapping functions themselves.
Sorry not true - if you enter a score in Club V1 for any date prior to today you can synch with WHS and the handicap in both systems updates immediately.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put my score in today via club V1 and it showing on EG app, it will be a counter but EG app doesn't show predicted HI like some have suggested on here, is that in how Clubv1 is set up?