Unpopular golfing opinions

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is important to ring the 'We're clear' bell as loudly and for as long as you can to ensure that everyone across the golf course is fully aware,
Better than not ringing it like some of our members.
They hold you up all round then create a gap on 17th by not ringing the bell.
Then joke to you “ where have you been “ in the clubhouse.
Feel like ringing their neck.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I know those idiots. They don't ring the bell on the 6th and so you wait until you can see them coming up the 7th, by which time you are over a hole behind them and the groups behind you are wondering why you are so slow.

birdyhunter

Visit site
If I never again see a version of "The Match" or some other over-hyped nonsense involving Tiger/Phil/Wolff or any other pro, and retired US basketball/football players who can barely hit a ball, it will be too soon.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think this translated into the thread topic is ‘if you realise you haven’t rung the bell then don’t waste time quickly going back to ring it. The guys behind will realise the coast is clear’ ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think this translated into the thread topic is ‘if you realise you haven’t rung the bell then don’t waste time quickly going back to ring it. The guys behind will realise the coast is clear’ ?
Only if that is what you believe. :rolleyes:

As the title implies. What unpopular golfing opinions do you have? I have a few I suppose, but I’ll start with -

Royal Liverpool is one of the better Open rota courses.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Golf courses could do with getting rid of a lot of sand traps...the maintenance/££ cost would be better served with easy to maintain hazards like
19260345_229992974181551_6184758760295039484_n_onxffg.jpg

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Golf courses could do with getting rid of a lot of sand traps...the maintenance/££ cost would be better served with easy to maintain hazards like
19260345_229992974181551_6184758760295039484_n_onxffg.jpg
Ashdown Forest Hotel course used/s 'Grass Bunkers' which work well. Berkhampstead (which I haven't played, but hear very good reviews) is also bunkerless. Probably quite a few others about too.