Under armour site glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right. Stop the holier than now, right-on, members of the public are scavengers, and UA are just a poor wee multi billion pound multi national mega corp approach please Phil. Its crapola.

This did not appear like a pricing glitch to me when i ordered. The sale items were generally in garish colours or sizing and made them appear like legitimate sale items. Id dont buy into this baloney "this is modern life" stuff but ill comment on that at the below

If you take the events which have occurred in pure isolation from each other.

Having a pricing error is fine. It happens....

Or

Not spotting huge spikes in web traffic which is converting into actual physical transactions is fine. It happens (with poor Systems and processes)

Or

Failing to spot that you are trending all over social media, UKhotdeals etc is fine. It happens....

Or

Failing to admit culpability, responsibility and relying on a wall of silence as a comm's strategy is fine. It can happen....

Or

Taking a customers cash, email address, contact details etc etc. Is not fine, but it does happen.....

When you replace the above “or’s” to and “and”, like what has recently occurred........................Well it is not fine at all.

Underarmour have made a royal screw up across every facet of this incident.

Trust me Phil. I work in this world and heads will be rolling as we speak.

The brand and reputation damage that is occurring is a real thing that will have very negative short and medium term impact on underarmour's balance sheet in a bad way. of course people will forget in teh long term, however peeing off customers is just not the way to do buisness in any day and age, let alone because "its the modern world"

Retail is hard, it has always been hard and fundamentally any good organisation looks after its customers. Im not saying UA should honour the purchases, im saying the should not be taking this long to communicate sporadically to some, whilst accepting zero liability for it. Its shocking practice.

They should not be legally obliged to have to honour the orders as that means entire businesses could be at risk because of system errors and that is just asking fro trouble in the retail sector.

They should however own up, get on the front foot with better communications and ultimately try and appease the outcry that is occurring.

The fact they have not done this means they deserve a good shellacking on trust pilot and across social media.

Stop trying to make this into some form of a quasi-sociology crapoloa commentary on the "way things are these days"

Its always been like this and always will be.

Exactly a simple Monday afternoon banner on website or twitter

“We have been made aware of some issues over the weekend, please bear with us whilst we look into which orders will be affected”

Then in the email say “sorry we had a gremlin in the system and due to this incorrect prices were shown, due to this we apologise and your money will be refunded”

That would have been enough tbh

D

Deleted member 15344

Right. Stop the holier than now, right-on, members of the public are scavengers, and UA are just a poor wee multi billion pound multi national mega corp approach please Phil. Its crapola.

This did not appear like a pricing glitch to me when i ordered. The sale items were generally in garish colours or sizing and made them appear like legitimate sale items. Id dont buy into this baloney "this is modern life" stuff but ill comment on that at the below

Or

Not spotting huge spikes in web traffic which is converting into actual physical transactions is fine. It happens (with poor Systems and processes)

Or

Failing to spot that you are trending all over social media, UKhotdeals etc is fine. It happens....

Or

Failing to admit culpability, responsibility and relying on a wall of silence as a comm's strategy is fine. It can happen....

Or

Taking a customers cash, email address, contact details etc etc. Is not fine, but it does happen.....

When you replace the above “or’s” to and “and”, like what has recently occurred........................Well it is not fine at all.

The brand and reputation damage that is occurring is a real thing that will have very negative short and medium term impact on underarmour's balance sheet in a bad way. of course people will forget in teh long term, however peeing off customers is just not the way to do buisness in any day and age, let alone because "its the modern world"

Retail is hard, it has always been hard and fundamentally any good organisation looks after its customers. Im not saying UA should honour the purchases, im saying the should not be taking this long to communicate sporadically to some, whilst accepting zero liability for it. Its shocking practice.

They should not be legally obliged to have to honour the orders as that means entire businesses could be at risk because of system errors and that is just asking fro trouble in the retail sector.

They should however own up, get on the front foot with better communications and ultimately try and appease the outcry that is occurring.

The fact they have not done this means they deserve a good shellacking on trust pilot and across social media.

Stop trying to make this into some form of a quasi-sociology crapoloa commentary on the "way things are these days"

People can crack on and cry like little babies because the £8.80 items they expected didn’t get honoured and stamp their feet at UA but it shouldn’t have taken too much brain power to realise that something wasn’t right with items going for £8.80. If a sale like that was genuine then social media etc would have been flooded by UA with emails and social media posts pointing towards the sale.

I read the thread when it started - went onto the website - saw the £8.80 items and thought something wasn’t right there so didn’t hand any of my money over to them.

People always want stuff cheap hence why everyone went diving in like a piranha on fresh meat crossing fingers that it wouldn’t be noticed and they would fulfill orders- it was noticed and orders cancelled, yep they need to inform better and get refunds out quicker but most will be crying because the stuff they thought they would get cheap didn’t happen. It’s not the first time this sort of thing has happened and won’t be the last time - if it’s too good to be true that’s normally a very good sign but sorry people throwing toys out because their chance to get cheap stuff didn’t come off - maybe people are too busy trying to get cheap stuff they can’t see in front of them. And this will make next to zero difference to UA in the long run - people will throw toys around but people will still go and buy stuff of them.
Anchors ahoy!

Anchors ? Let me guess trying to insult someone using a word that sounds like the insult - that’s about your level.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People can crack on and cry like little babies because the £8.80 items they expected didn’t get honoured and stamp their feet at UA but it shouldn’t have taken too much brain power to realise that something wasn’t right with items going for £8.80. If a sale like that was genuine then social media etc would have been flooded by UA with emails and social media posts pointing towards the sale.

I read the thread when it started - went onto the website - saw the £8.80 items and thought something wasn’t right there so didn’t hand any of my money over to them.

People always want stuff cheap hence why everyone went diving in like a piranha on fresh meat crossing fingers that it wouldn’t be noticed and they would fulfill orders- it was noticed and orders cancelled, yep they need to inform better and get refunds out quicker but most will be crying because the stuff they thought they would get cheap didn’t happen. It’s not the first time this sort of thing has happened and won’t be the last time - if it’s too good to be true that’s normally a very good sign but sorry people throwing toys out because their chance to get cheap stuff didn’t come off - maybe people are too busy trying to get cheap stuff they can’t see in front of them. And this will make next to zero difference to UA in the long run - people will throw toys around but people will still go and buy stuff of them.

Anchors ? Let me guess trying to insult someone using a word that sounds like the insult - that’s about your level.

With every post you truly reenforce your imagine of a proper James blunt.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Are you purposely ignoring the parts where people are saying its not the orders being refunded or are you just stupid?

D

Deleted member 15344

No, it refers to a thread anchor. Someone who comes onto a thread and makes a comment which derails it and usually starts some sort of argument, like a ship dropping anchor, it comes to a halt.

Surprised you didn’t post it after LT or a few others posted the same sort of thing 🙄
With every post you truly reenforce your imagine of a proper James blunt.

Oh look more 🙄

D

Deleted member 16999

So you read the thread sunday, went on the website and thought it didn’t look right, so you decided to wait 3 days until you could post “I told you so” and start the cheap digs, never occurred to give people your thoughts and warn them.

Or

You didn’t visit the site.

Or

You saw a chance to look better than others.

Or Beezerk is 100% correct.:rolleyes:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People always want stuff cheap hence why everyone went diving in like a piranha on fresh meat crossing fingers that it wouldn’t be noticed

Id take a fairly educated guess that the people that ordered from the UA sale/glitch represent a fairly wide cross section of the population. Rich, poor, skint, opportunist, gullible, elderly etc

Id also guess that people on low income took the plunge for kids clothes, advanced Christmas presents for a variety of people. Large possibility that older people( not quite as savvy as you proclaim to be) are sat wondering why they have had there money stolen by UA and have had no idea whee there products are etc

Yet you have called them all "piranhas" on "fresh meat"

really? Is that what what it all amounts to?

What a horrible little man you are. Self righteous wannabe liberal that is obviously a closet Tory on the side.

Then to act all faux wounded because a poster used the word "anchor".. Jesus wept get over yourself mate honestly. Walking parody of your own self sometimes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Id take a fairly educated guess that the people that ordered from the UA sale/glitch represent a fairly wide cross section of the population. Rich, poor, skint, opportunist, gullible, elderly etc

Id also guess that people on low income took the plunge for kids clothes, advanced Christmas presents for a variety of people. Large possibility that older people( not quite as savvy as you proclaim to be) are sat wondering why they have had there money stolen by UA and have had no idea whee there products are etc

Yet you have called them all "piranhas" on "fresh meat"

really? Is that what what it all amounts to?

What a horrible little man you are. Self righteous wannabe liberal that is obviously a closet Tory on the side.

Then to act all faux wounded because a poster used the word "anchor".. Jesus wept get over yourself mate honestly. Walking parody of your own self sometimes.

Edit - not worth it

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It clearly wasn't a mistake. For eg the trainers I ordered where £115 in every colour apart from some dreadful orange ones reduced to £30. Golf trousers where £60 in all the nice colours apart from some baby blue ones for £15. As many have said, it didn't look like a computer error. Simply UA cleaning out their warehouse of crap no one was buying
Gutted i missed the baby blues. 😁

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Or

Or

Or

Or

I thought stuff that its a long post and ave a fence to paint. Glad i made the decision “ the fence can wait a bit”. Good write up me man. And Nail firmly twatted on head.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
😂 Tory 😂

Just read the bargain thread then - everyone jumping in then boldly claiming about how they managed to get loads of stuff all cheap - I believe you were one as well 😂 - was what it you said “cleaned up - £300 worth of stuff for £50” -

Money stolen by UA 😂😂😂

People leaped on a mistake by a retail company hoping to get stuff cheap and the mistake was noticed and people will get their refund and they will have lost nothing - apart from a few toys from the cot they have thrown about because they were unable to “clean up” and take advantage of a mistake.

If you really thought the £8.80 offerings was a bonafide sale then maybe you shouldn’t take educated guesses.

Let’s be honest - the outrage is because people aren’t getting cheap stuff.

there is one of two things at play

either one : you are that unaware that you are a complete tool who has a massive stick stuck up your rear end that you just cant get removed
or
two : you know your a complete tool and play up to it for your own amusement

nobody can actually be as much of a lady parts as you are

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
there is one of two things at play

either one : you are that unaware that you are a complete tool who has a massive stick stuck up your rear end that you just cant get removed
or
two : you know your a complete tool and play up to it for your own amusement

nobody can actually be as much of a lady parts as you are

Honestly mate it's a lost cause. I wonder if he ever re-reads his posts back to himself once the red mist has dropped and realises what a prize A ball end he comes across as.
No doubt he'll play the victim card again when he replies to this.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honestly mate it's a lost cause. I wonder if he ever re-reads his posts back to himself once the red mist has dropped and realises what a prize A ball end he comes across as.
No doubt he'll play the victim card again when he replies to this.

I think it’s best we avoid calling him that word. I know what you mean but he will completely derail the thread into taking it to mean a different subject etc etc like he always does.

However agreed he is a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.