Under armour site glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3A73A77A-21B5-451E-AD74-CDADDC597250.jpeg

Wording seems a bit poor. Order not accepted.. no mention of the glitch

Never mind I guess we knew it was too good to be true. Guess I’ll go shopping later

robbeh32

Visit site
I've not recieved anything order still being processed. Also noticed that seems like a generic email with no order number attached. Seems like a right cock up probably hoping you contact them with your order number to cancel and get refund.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Same cancellation email. Not surprised tbh but poorly handled by the company.

It's not the cancellation that grates, it's the length of time to resolve or even acknowledge an error. All we can do as consumers is vote with our wallets and I won't be spending with them again.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cancelled as well, I’m hearing people who paid extra for a courier delivery are having their orders honoured. Kinda stinks if that is true.
To top it off they’ve just sent me a promotional email #theycansodoff

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very poorly handled by UA, even the cancellation email gives no reason or explanation just "your order was not accepted" yet on the website my order still shows as processing. Not the end of the world and I'll probably still buy UA as I find their products decent quality for the price and a good fit for me, but this will upset many customers especially after taking full payment and others receiving their orders. Their trustpilot socre is taking a tanking, 92% 1 star reviews.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Very poorly handled by UA, even the cancellation email gives no reason or explanation just "your order was not accepted" yet on the website my order still shows as processing. Not the end of the world and I'll probably still buy UA as I find their products decent quality for the price and a good fit for me, but this will upset many customers especially after taking full payment and others receiving their orders. Their trustpilot socre is taking a tanking, 92% 1 star reviews.

It is pretty poor mind

fully expected my orders to not get honoured, but leaving the dodgy prices up all day Sunday then waiting nearly 3 days for a cancellation email that doesn’t even offer much of an explanation :LOL:

Makes me hate Spieth more now :LOL:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just had a phone call off daughter, cancelled. Really glad I put Glitch? In the topic title. And not once in a lifetime opportunity to save a fortune. What's the old saying " if it's to good to be true".

Daughter also told me that Adidas were doing a 33% off everything. Had an email off them saying that her order
(pair of predators for Bradley Tash) had been cancelled as out of stock. She went online and there still being sold. Rang up adidas who gave her some verbal testicles along the lines of well you can order them again. Less 33%. Daughter gave her a rounds of rolockings. She got them for 30% off and free delivery.

Bottom line, what is it with some companies. UA have not come out of this well at all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there are a few harsh posts regarding this. The price came up on a Sunday. The UA people would not be working then and so would not see the issue until Monday when they returned to work. Pretty much everyone on here has ordered knowing there was a good chance it was an error and with the expectation that their orders will not be fulfilled. Why be outraged when what you though would happen has actually happened?

I suspect UA spent Monday resolving the error and then starting to roll out a response to the many, many people who ordered. They could not have fulfilled the orders, everyone here knew the prices were bonkers. They perhaps could have worded the generic email better but still, surely the reply was what was expected?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I seem to be the only person who looks at the combination of clearance stock at serious clearance prices highly published on social media leading to an inability to fulfil.
Obviously their links between stock, website and orders has, basically, 'fallen over' which is poor - but not unheard off, and the fact that it kicked off over the weekend is another common aspect of these things.
I'm happy for those people who got their orders in early and got a good deal - it isn't the end of the world for me that I didn't.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
LT, a couple of years ago. Adnams brewery had a deal after Christmas, spend £10 on beer and get £10's worth free. The site went into melt down. I ordered some Ghost ship, sluuuuuuuuuurp. Some folk went mad, took the mick. And ordered £10's worth, and again and again and again. A month later I asked where me beer was. A delightful young lady explained, there had been a site glitch. Yet every order was being honoured. My ghost ship seemed very popular, they offered me a differant beer. In essence there response was excellent.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I ordered 3 items and got the cancelled email this morning.
As others have already said, VERY poorly handled by UA - they could at least of offered a gesture of goodwill like 20% off your next order.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
LT, a couple of years ago. Adnams brewery had a deal after Christmas, spend £10 on beer and get £10's worth free. The site went into melt down. I ordered some Ghost ship, sluuuuuuuuuurp. Some folk went mad, took the mick. And ordered £10's worth, and again and again and again. A month later I asked where me beer was. A delightful young lady explained, there had been a site glitch. Yet every order was being honoured. My ghost ship seemed very popular, they offered me a differant beer. In essence there response was excellent.
Tashy, it's a balance. Each company that has one of these glitches has to look at the losses incurred and weigh up the cost of that against the bad publicity. We don't know how many orders UA took over the weekend, there could be thousands. Adnams may have had a couple of hundred, UA 20,000. Had there only been a few they may well have honoured them but the moment people started publicising it on social media it was almost inevitable that they could not fulfill them. A smarter response from UA would be to cancel but offer 10% off any future order, sweeten the pill a little. I think that is where they have missed a trick but otherwise I don't think they have acted poorly (don't forget that on nearly every post on this thread and the other 'I bought today' people stated they placed an order but didn't expect it to go through so it is hardly a shock at this point).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tashy, it's a balance. Each company that has one of these glitches has to look at the losses incurred and weigh up the cost of that against the bad publicity. We don't know how many orders UA took over the weekend, there could be thousands. Adnams may have had a couple of hundred, UA 20,000. Had there only been a few they may well have honoured them but the moment people started publicising it on social media it was almost inevitable that they could not fulfill them. A smarter response from UA would be to cancel but offer 10% off any future order, sweeten the pill a little. I think that is where they have missed a trick but otherwise I don't think they have acted poorly (don't forget that on nearly every post on this thread and the other 'I bought today' people stated they placed an order but didn't expect it to go through so it is hardly a shock at this point).

I get what your saying but they have handled it a bit poor

It’s wednesday. Ordered Sunday. This would have been obvious Monday. A simple banner on the website , or anything on twitter just a statement saying we are away of a pricing glitch or something better worded .. on Sunday , we will be in contact with those affected

That would cover all basis

Not a word until today, pure speculation on either said. Was it @pauldj42 on here who phoned them and was told cancelled.. so they knew then. It takens minutes to word a little statement on twitter or a banner on a website

The email sounded awful aswell “your order hasn’t been accepted” no reason why not. We know why yes but a little we had a gremlin in the system or something just to say bit of a mess guys sorry

Not your order hasn’t been accepted.. we hope you choose us again

If people didn’t know it was a glitch (and I bet some won’t of) that email won’t go down well with them as UA are saying right you weren’t accepted for an order but please do shop with us again. Why would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.