Umbrella recommendations

nyckuk

Visit site
Played the Montgomerie last Friday in the worst conditions ever 🌪️🌪️🌧️🌧️🌧️☔
My trolley blew over a couple of times and the umbrella eventually broke . Its a Powakaddy clearview and its been very good for the past 5 years , so was going to get another one
Thought ill ask on here first for any other recommendations ....£20-40 .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I own a Gustbuster which is pretty decent - meant to be the best 'wind-proof' umbrellas, plus you get a lifetime guarantee I think. That said, I just wouldn't bother getting it out over a certain windspeed anyway. There's no point.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I wouldn’t go past a motocaddy or powakaddy one as the window on the front of them is a big advantage. I do like the look of the Titleist one use at the open though. Stay away from Stewart golf ones. The internal mechanism eventually breaks through the carbon shaft.

p.s. Always take your brolly down in the wind when not underneath it. 😉

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Before you buy, ask in what country the umbrella was made.

Allow your decision to be based more on that than brand name.

Brollies tend to come out of brolly factory rather than a golf equipment factory.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree with you when it’s raining all day but when you’ve got showers on a hot sunny day, a brolly is by far better.
Yeah, when you've got a downpour but it's 22° and humid, I do not want to be walking round with a jacket on. That's when the umbrella is ideal.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I misplaced mine a few months ago and asked my pro if it had been handed in. It hadn't but he gave me a selection of brollies that had been handed in and gone unclaimed. Reminded me of the story of the guy who never owned a brolly but if it rained he went to the lost property office at the station and asked if a black brolly had been handed in. He always got one!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought one of the new Taylor Made ones last year after my previous one broke. The shaft is made of aluminium but the combined weight of the brolly is too heavy to mount on my Clicgear trolley if there is any hint of a wind.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I wouldn’t go past a motocaddy or powakaddy one as the window on the front of them is a big advantage. I do like the look of the Titleist one use at the open though. Stay away from Stewart golf ones. The internal mechanism eventually breaks through the carbon shaft.

Agreed. My Motocaddy brolly has been by some distance the sturdiest one I have ever owned.

To be fair, it’s rarely up at ours because it’s a windy course, but on the occasions it’s been used it’s been top notch.

nyckuk

Visit site

Thanks for the recommendations

As it happens one of those Titleist ones was going for a bargain on FB marketplace so ive bought that ...Next day someone listed a powakaddy the same as mine with the window so i might buy that as well , at least if it breaks again i should be able to make one good one out of the 2 broken ones .

QUESTION.... The guys who suggested good waterproofs and Hat , How do you fill out your scorecards on comp days ???

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back to umbrellas ....after a search on Amazon looking at the reviews stars, anything under 20 quid avoid, anything over 20 quid are all roughly the same. So don't bother paying 30 quid plus, just buy in the 20 to 30 range and it's much of a muchness.