Powakaddy Umbrella Holder issue

Ridgeman

Visit site
My Powakaddy is from 2018. I had money in the shop so bought a number of different powakaddy attachments for it, the most important of them being the umbrella holder. I cannot get it to stay up. Slight gust of wind or put the trolley up to 6 and it just comes down. Find myself having to hold it, trying to tighten the screw yet again.

I did phone Powakaddy to ask for suggestions and got the most odd response that the person I spoke to suggested that a number of the umbrella holders went out with a screw which was too small for a brief period of time and perhaps I had one of them. They sent a replacement. Its better but still not up to the job. No matter how hard I tighten it, it collapses.

Now I know the new model holder doesn't come with the same number of levers and does work but it doesn't fit my trolley. I don't know if there are any generic holders which fit the F3 or not. Anyone managed to resolve this issue or is it just my problem! Its the first screw below where the brollie goes in which is causing the problem

Attachments

• powa.jpg
    powa.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 7

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does it go all the way through the nut at the back.
If this nut comes loose it collapses get a nylock nut and that will sort it.
It’s a nut with a nylon collar to stop the nut vibrating off.

The thread on the nut might be stripped if so a new nut will sort it.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had one with the wrong screw, didn’t know that until your post! Managed to swap with one I had at home, bit of a nerd for having a supply of screws, nuts, bolts etc.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Got one on my Powakaddy, works fine. The issue for me is the amount of sway when the cart moves versus my height trying to walk under it. Tend to carry it as I walk and only put it in the holder when playing a shot.

nyckuk

Visit site
Don’t want to teach you how to suck eggs but the library photo looks to me at it has the bolt/nut round the wrong way
Here’s mine the hex of the bolt slots in the groove and the butterfly nut the others side 1243BF85-70FA-4784-955A-8555FDE84A8C.jpeg
0DDDF0AC-DD36-42BF-AAA7-4019F1BF4BB4.jpeg
Got one on my Powakaddy, works fine. The issue for me is the amount of sway when the cart moves versus my height trying to walk under it. Tend to carry it as I walk and only put it in the holder when playing a shot.
There is a lot of sway , I had a umbrella extension on my old trolley with was perfect but because of the sway I bought the PK umbrella with the clear window which works well
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Go...ocphy=9045774&hvtargid=pla-720905045972&psc=1

https://www.hotgolf.co.uk/product/powakaddy-clearview-dual-canopy-umbrella/

Ridgeman

Visit site
Don’t want to teach you how to suck eggs but the library photo looks to me at it has the bolt/nut round the wrong way
Here’s mine the hex of the bolt slots in the groove and the butterfly nut the others side View attachment 33292
View attachment 33293

There is a lot of sway , I had a umbrella extension on my old trolley with was perfect but because of the sway I bought the PK umbrella with the clear window which works well
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Go...ocphy=9045774&hvtargid=pla-720905045972&psc=1

https://www.hotgolf.co.uk/product/powakaddy-clearview-dual-canopy-umbrella/
Given a previous reply about it being the wrong way round last night I was off to the shed this morning. Mine was sitting like yours and not like the one in the stock photo. I turned it around to be like the stock photo and nows it sold as a rock with zero sway at all.. No give it it at all. It would seem I have it the wrong way round for the past two years. It would suggest you swap it round. Can't believe the difference. IMG_0564.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 9

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Given a previous reply about it being the wrong way round last night I was off to the shed this morning. Mine was sitting like yours and not like the one in the stock photo. I turned it around to be like the stock photo and nows it sold as a rock with zero sway at all.. No give it it at all. It would seem I have it the wrong way round for the past two years. It would suggest you swap it round. Can't believe the difference. View attachment 33302

Easy solution and we'll say no more about the past two years

nyckuk

Visit site
The odd thing is that the wrong position does look like it should be the correct solution.
Just swapped it again to the same as yours and the bolts extends to far out so i cant full tighten the plastic wing nut , so making the umbrella holder loose.
The way ive got it in my photo is solid as you describe, our umbrella holders must be made slightly differently

The slight sway im experiencing is just the plastic arm not as ridged as my old Motocaddy umbrella holder

Mrbugs6

Visit site
Had a similar issue with mine at first. Turns out I put it together the wrong way round
I did the same. Was driving me crazy. Turns out I unknowingly had a washer in between the two parts meaning the teeth wouldn't interlock properly. Felt like a right tool when I found out.

Anyway even when everything is tight I still don't like the design. Still too flimsy in stronger winds. Have already had it snap on me once. This was on a ci2