Ultrasonic cat deterrents

AliMc

Visit site
We have 2 by Pestbye (the square green ones with the 2 dials on the front, £16.98 on Amazon) and they have certainly worked for us, we used to have terrible issues with litter but haven't seen any for months now, I see that a couple of our neighbours have them too, might not work for everyone but seem to have for us

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wrong forum?;)
Our neighbour bought one, old boy who's hearing wasn't all it used to be. He had it on a lower frequency which meant we could hear it when we were in our garden. He was quite good about it when we asked him to alter it but if you can hear it it is really really annoying. THe good thing is we havn't heard it for ages now so I think the battery has gone but as he can't hear it anyway he hasn't got a clue:ROFLMAO:
So no idea if it works for cats but it can be very unpleasant for your neighbours if their hearing is more sensitive than yours.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
When we lived in St Albans we had real problems with cats. Partly of our own making as the wife built a Japanese style rockery, which attracted evey cat for a miles to come and crap in. We got 4 of the greens ones mentioned above and they really worked, but you had to keep an eye on the batteries dieing, once that happen they were back like a shot.

AliMc

Visit site
I've got razor sharp hearing, it's my eyesight that's not so good ?
Only ever heard a noise from mine when the batteries need changed and it gets a bit whiny

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Can't speak for cats, but we have an issue with foxes, so got two fox deterrent ones.

Absolutely bloody useless; a complete waste of time, and they eat batteries like they're going out of fashion. Next step will be prickle strip on the fence.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Water pistols work well and the cats will soon learn. Has the benefit of not harming the cats but will keep them out of your garden.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
.22 would work against fox’s to @Blue in Munich
My old Staffie would have been even better. He was known to welcome them into the garden by shaking them by the neck:)(foxes that is)
Sadly his departure has allowed the return of cats and foxes with the constant soft piles they leave uncovered and waiting for your hands when gardening:mad:

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Can we not delve into violent or unsavoury methods of cat control.
We have several members who are quick to rise to the merest hint of puss abuse,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have some in the front garden. They seem to work initially but then the cats find a way to circumnavigate them to do their business. HID does have an alternative but won't post here in case cat fans take offence